Leeds (H) | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think some on here are taking this game too lightly, like it's a guaranteed 3 points, regardless of the team Pep picks, it's not.

Bielsa and his Leeds team are no mugs. They won't be a push over. Leeds have got some good and talented players. They have a good team work ethic. They will be well organised on the day. They play expansive and attacking football. And they will have had a full weeks rest.

This is a must win for City. Win and City are 17 points in-front of United again with 6 games and 24 points remaining. United are away at Spurs on Sunday. They play tonight, so not much time to rest before the Spurs game. If City Lose, and United win their 2 games in-hand, the lead is down to 8 points. Squeaky bum time! City then play Chelsea in the FA Cup semi-final. Are then away Villa 4 days later. And play Spurs in the Carabao Cup Final 4 days later.

Let's beat Leeds. Get the 3 points. And that gives us a 17 point lead over the Rags again, before they face a tuff match at Spurs.

PS.

Dortmund can't afford to rest any players. They are 7 points off the CL places, so have to win this Weekend. Their best players won't be getting a rest.

I expect a team of similar strength, maybe weaker, than turned out at Leicester. I certainly don’t see the combination of second strings with youth team players that some are advocating.

We should certainly see Laporte, Mendy or Zinchenko, Torres, Sterling, Aguero and/or Jesus in the team.

Maybe Ake will start but I would expect him to be introduced from the bench first. Bernardo could start as be was subbed early on Tuesday. I can’t see the point of resting Ederson.

KDB should certainly be nowhere near the team and Mahrez and Dias should not start. Maybe Stones will get an hour? Maybe Walker and Cancelo will get half a match each? I would be inclined to rest Foden and Gundogan

Get the match won and then give game time to Ake from the bench with a view to starting him against Villa. Doyle and other EDS players should be considered for game time.

More difficult decisions will have to be made assuming City progress next Wednesday particularly involving the FA Cup semi-final and the League Cup final.

Zinchenko, Torres, Ake, Laporte, Sterling, Aguero, Jesus, Ferna should start.

Ederson should start too to get some high intensity pressing practice as Dortmund will do the same and we don't want a repeat of the Bellingham incident.

KDB, Gundo, Mahrez rested. Bernardo should play for maybe 60-70 minutes. Dias also preferably rested.

Rotation time

Ederson
Cancelo Ake Laporte Zinchenko
Sterling Bernardo Dinho Torres
Aguero Jesus

just the nine changes , and our £350m bench.

Expecting an open game , Leeds will come with no fear and i can see them scoring , 4-2

For me winning the league is always the ultimate prize. To be top after playing every other team twice, in all conditions and knowing every single one bust a gut to beat you, the sense of satisfaction when you win it is immense. Sure the champions league is the glamour one and one we haven't won yet, but after watching PSG and Bayern last night I feel they are still a level above us. That's if we get past Dortmund of course.

The rags are more than capable of winning every game. They have the luck, the var/officials and the media on their side. People may mock them and Noddy but they've taken four points off us and are still hanging on our coat tails for grim death. Let's get Leeds won, we have four days rest before Dortmund and we're one game closer to the title.

For me winning the league is always the ultimate prize. To be top after playing every other team twice, in all conditions and knowing every single one bust a gut to beat you, the sense of satisfaction when you win it is immense. Sure the champions league is the glamour one and one we haven't won yet, but after watching PSG and Bayern last night I feel they are still a level above us. That's if we get past Dortmund of course.

The rags are more than capable of winning every game. They have the luck, the var/officials and the media on their side. People may mock them and Noddy but they've taken four points off us and are still hanging on our coat tails for grim death. Let's get Leeds won, we have four days rest before Dortmund and we're one game closer to the title.
Thankfully Pep won't see it like you, mate. He also knows that both Bayern and PSG are not "a level above us". Those days are long gone. They are our competition now, not Man United. On the other hand we certainly are "a level above" Man United, as the league table shows.

I think some on here are taking this game too lightly, like it's a guaranteed 3 points, regardless of the team Pep picks, it's not.

Bielsa and his Leeds team are no mugs. They won't be a push over. Leeds have got some good and talented players. They have a good team work ethic. They will be well organised on the day. They play expansive and attacking football. And they will have had a full weeks rest.

This is a must win for City. Win and City are 17 points in-front of United again with 6 games and 24 points remaining. United are away at Spurs on Sunday. They play tonight, so not much time to rest before the Spurs game. If City Lose, and United win their 2 games in-hand, the lead is down to 8 points. Squeaky bum time! City then play Chelsea in the FA Cup semi-final. Are then away Villa 4 days later. And play Spurs in the Carabao Cup Final 4 days later.

Let's beat Leeds. Get the 3 points. And that gives us a 17 point lead over the Rags again, before they face a tuff match at Spurs.
I know what you are saying, and am desperate for us to win it too, but it isn’t “must win” at all, by any widely acknowledged definition of the phrase!

Reactions: MAG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.