Leeds (H) | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankfully Pep won't see it like you, mate. He also knows that both Bayern and PSG are not "a level above us". Those days are long gone. They are our competition now, not Man United. On the other hand we certainly are "a level above" Man United, as the league table shows.

Agree with you ...

Just don't understand how so many can't see beyond the next game (or the one after)? It's not the Dortmund players can't play after four days but the Chelsea game that gets effected more with the selection against Leeds and not the Dortmund one. That Chelsea one is 2.5 days after Dortmund and a single leg knockout tie ... lose that and the Quad becomes a Treble (which isn't as coveted and has been done before) ... THAT vs a lousy league game against Leeds when we are whatever no. of points ahead ... just don't understand why this is even a question or all those saying League is the ONLY thing and that's it, won't even look beyond the next game ...

Replying to your post as I agree with you .... replying to some others would be sticking my hand in a beehive.

Thankfully Pep won't see it like you, mate. He also knows that both Bayern and PSG are not "a level above us". Those days are long gone. They are our competition now, not Man United. On the other hand we certainly are "a level above" Man United, as the league table shows.

That's why he's the manager on mega bucks and I'm just a poor fan on a football website lol.

Joking aside I watched the PSG v Bayern game and yes the defending could have been better by both sides. PSG did a bit of a smash and grab, Bayern battered them for a lot of the game, the PSG keeper had a blinder and they got the win. I think both of them have more pace and power up front than we have but who knows? That's providing we get past Dortmund of course.

Agree with you ...

Just don't understand how so many can't see beyond the next game (or the one after)? It's not the Dortmund players can't play after four days but the Chelsea game that gets effected more with the selection against Leeds and not the Dortmund one. That Chelsea one is 2.5 days after Dortmund and a single leg knockout tie ... lose that and the Quad becomes a Treble (which isn't as coveted and has been done before) ... THAT vs a lousy league game against Leeds when we are whatever no. of points ahead ... just don't understand why this is even a question or all those saying League is the ONLY thing and that's it, won't even look beyond the next game ...

Replying to your post as I agree with you .... replying to some others would be sticking my hand in a beehive.
Of course you're right. Some fans are passionately involved with the club but don't understand much about the game. You'll see it on this forum all the time: "Play your best team" is often their mantra, as though it's 1972 all over again. You'll get them spouting about how professional athletes should be able to play twice a week. It's shite of course, utter ignorance.

You're absolutely correct that Pep needs to be looking at the next cluster of games because he's got the Leeds game which we can basically afford to lose, and then two "must-wins" - all three within 8 days. Pep will absolutely be looking at that Quadruple as well as a Champions League as the big targets for the season and will be doing everything in his power to achieve it because it will make him football immortality. He will have fulfilled his brief.

There's a reason why Pep says in every single interview that playing twice a week is killing the players. We've also managed the squad really well through rotation all season, keeping the injury list short. He isn't going to stop that. We will surely play fringe players like Mendy, Aguero, Torres and maybe Ake. In fact Saturday's selection - and subs - will tell us things about what he's going to do next Tuesday because I think there are changes in the offing for that one too given the patchy performance on Wednesday.

In summary you are dead right that Saturday is the lowest priority if the three games and anyone who can't see that has not been paying attention.

That's why he's the manager on mega bucks and I'm just a poor fan on a football website lol.

Joking aside I watched the PSG v Bayern game and yes the defending could have been better by both sides. PSG did a bit of a smash and grab, Bayern battered them for a lot of the game, the PSG keeper had a blinder and they got the win. I think both of them have more pace and power up front than we have but who knows? That's providing we get past Dortmund of course.
Neither of them have got as strong a back four as us and neither have got as much creative flair and passing ability in the danger areas. Neither have Kevin De Bruyne either. Don't talk us down, fella. There's a reason why we have been bookie's favourite for the last couple of years.

We are ready to win this and just need that bit of luck which has deserted us.

United are playing away to spurs this weekend... We have a good chance to increase the lead.

I think some on here are taking this game too lightly, like it's a guaranteed 3 points, regardless of the team Pep picks, it's not.

I think people are taking it lightly because it doesn't really matter if we win or not?

Obviously we want to win every game but ultimately I'm more preoccupied with the Dortmund game next week and the Chelsea game after that.

Being 14 points clear or 11 (assuming United beat Spurs) doesn't change anything. The league is 99% but not quite done either way.

Think we'll line-up something like this:

Ederson
Cancelo
Stones
Laporte
Mendy
Fernandinho
Rodri
Foden
Sterling
Jesus
Aguero
If Foden isn't rested for Dortmund I will be shocked. Bernardo was subbed after 60 mins so can easily start in Phil's place. Presumably you are picking Zinchenko for the Dortmund game.

If Foden isn't rested for Dortmund I will be shocked. Bernardo was subbed after 60 mins so can easily start in Phil's place. Presumably you are picking Zinchenko for the Dortmund game.
Thought Bernardo looked a bit leggy on Tuesday, having played all three internationals. Think his energy will be important next week so personally would like to see him rested against Leeds, but guess you could say the same about Foden. Not too fussed if he opts for either Mendy or Zinchenko at left-back tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.