Leeds (H) | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not seen one pundit predicting anything but an easy win for us by a few goals

Personally not sure it will be that straightforward

Not wanting to sound raggish, but from what I have seen of Leeds this season, I haven't been that impressed tbh.

They look very up and down and pretty ordinary in many respects and certainly not as good as they looked when I watched them in their promotion season.

But for the mistake by Ederson and us not taking chances, I thought we should have won at Leeds. But we weren't at our current level of performance then.

Nonsense, the Italian Derby is and always will be AC Milan v Inter Milan.

I've always had the old school notion that a derby should be, properly speaking, between clubs from the same city. Thus the only real Yorkshire derby is between Sheffield United and Sheffield Wednesday. (I suppose you could argue Bradford City versus Bradford Park Avenue).
Over the years, the notion's been extended (mainly by the media, to big up matches and whip up tv audiences) to just a match between the what are considered to be the two biggest clubs with a fierce rivalry. Thus the match between Barca and Real is sometimes referred to as a derby — which is a joke. Also P.S.G. versus Marseille. In both cases the clubs are separated by hundreds of kilometres and are in entirely different regions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.