Leeds (H) | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a tricky one, you want to rest some of the players so they are fresh for the 2nd leg...but then those that play here that weren't selected (e.g gabby, Dinho, Zinchenko) but we want to bring in for the 2nd leg may not be fresh, and that game is far more important

Ederson
Walker Stones Laporte Zinch
Bernardo Dinho Rodri
Torres Aguero Sterling

KDB and Foden are massive if we want to beat Dortmund

Dias needs a rest and Gundogan was exhausted last night

Sterling needs minutes as does Zinchenko

It's a tricky one, you want to rest some of the players so they are fresh for the 2nd leg...but then those that play here may not be fresh for the 2nd kegs which is far more important

Ederson
Walker Stones Laporte Zinch
Bernardo Dinho Rodri
Torres Aguero Sterling

KDB and Foden are massive if we want to beat Dortmund

Dias needs a rest and Gundogan was exhausted last night

Sterling needs minutes as does Zinchenko
Yes, Torres, Aguero Sterling has to be the front 3 doesn’t it?
I would play Cancelo and Mendy at full back because I prefer Walker and Zin for the Dortmund second leg.

Aguero up top just so he can try and add another premier league team to his collection.

For this you pick the dortmund team then everybody not in it starts here then you fill the side with those capable of playing both at the highest intensity with the aim of subbing them after an hour.

Ederson
Cancelo
Ake
Laporte
Mendy
Rodri
Bernardo
Foden
Sterling
Torres
Aguero

Losing the Leeds game is not a disaster.
Steffen
Walker
Ake
Laporte
Mendy
Dinho
Zinchenko
Silva
Torres
Sterling
Aguero
Is still good enough to win. We have three finals this month. Dortmund, Spuds and Chelsea. The Leeds and Villa fixtures are not as important.

Zinchenko played the full 270 mins during the international break which is presumably why he was rested against Leicester and Dortmund.

Agree, he needs a run out on Saturday. He is underated IMHO, is only 24 and cost us about £1m. What's not to like!?
Oh wow, bloody international break ! I get that Pep has reinvented the full back role with Cancelo but I prefer Zinch to Mendy in a match where we’re asking our left back to perform in a slightly more conventional way

I think...
  • Sterling and Zinchenko need to start a game post the Intl nonsense.
  • Ake if fit should start
  • Aguero, Torres and Laporte are due games
  • Cancelo, Bernanrdo, Gundogan need some practice
  • I'd bring on Stones for Ake at about 60 mins so that Cancelo and him have 30 mins together as it's been ages it seems since they had a right sided partnership.
  • I'd bring on Mendy for Zinchenko with 15 / 20 mins left just so he's had a bit of game time too.
  • I'd keep KDB, Foden, Mahrez, Rodri, Jesus and Dias all cozied up in sleeping bags with hot chocolate and read lovely gentle stories to them as they drift off for a blissful lazy Saturday midday snoze.

----------------- Ederson ----------------
Cancelo -- Ake --Laporte -- Zinchenko
- Bernardo - Fernandinho - Gundogan -
-- Torres --------Aguero ------ Sterling --

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.