Leeds (H) | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrap Kev and Foden in cotton wool for this one. We're in a good enough position in the league to rest players for this game. Kev and Foden are key for the second leg next week and should be rested.

I think we should put out a scratch team against Leeds to allow our first picks against Dortmund to be fully rested. Those that are most fatigued should not even be in the squad for the Leeds game. It does not matter if we lose to Leeds - our winning run was lost and we will not be setting any records for points/goals but will win the league so this game does not really matter. The team I would select is shown below - I would limit subs and not bring on KdB etc. to chase the game.

Ederson

Walker Garcia Ake Mendy

Doyle Zinchenko

Torres Bernado Sterling

Aguero

Plenty of young legs to chase the game with Sterling playing for the chance to start against Dortmund the following Wednesday. Should be able to give Leeds a good game.

.......,...........Ederson
...........Stones....... Laporte
Cancelo............................. Mendy
....Fernandihno... Zinchencko
................. Bernado
Torres..... Aguero.... Sterling

Ideally we rest a few key players but knowing how Pep operates I bet Dias, Kev and Rodri all start!

This is what I’d like to see:

Steffen
Cancelo
Zinchenko
Laporte
Ake
Fernandinho
Bernardo
Sterling
Torres
Aguero
Delap

Ideally we rest a few key players but knowing how Pep operates I bet Dias, Kev and Rodri all start!

This is what I’d like to see:

Steffen
Cancelo
Zinchenko
Laporte
Ake
Fernandinho
Bernardo
Sterling
Torres
Aguero
Delap
No chance of Steffen or Delap starting. I'd nearly be tempted to Stick Doyle in instead of Delap. Let's face it, the league is done.

Let's face it, the league is done.

Glad Pep wouldn't agree.

IF we lose vs Leeds and rags win their games in hand, then with 6 games to go we are 8 pts ahead, same as in 2012 with roles reversed. Then draw with Villa and....

Fortunately, Pep will take these games much more seriously than some on here. Shit happens. The odds for Liverpool losing 6 in a row at Anfield while scoring just once were extremely low (say 1: 5000), but it happened. No place for arrogance and complacency. It's not over until it's over.

While I understand the logic behind the calls for Steffan, Ake, Garcia, Doyle and Delap to start, I'll be astonished if it happens.
We're all business and will surely still put out a strong side, albeit with a few changes coupled with a few 2nd half subs if we're comfortably in front.

We will have 4 days between Leeds and Dortmund which is probably enough for the players to fully recover physically wise, especially young players like Foden and Jesus. Wouldn't be surprised if Pep played a slightly stronger team than expected. A win would be a huge step toward the title which would feel quite good before going to Dortmund.

Last edited:
Glad Pep wouldn't agree.

IF we lose vs Leeds and rags win their games in hand, then with 6 games to go we are 8 pts ahead, same as in 2012 with roles reversed. Then draw with Villa and....

Fortunately, Pep will take these games much more seriously than some on here. Shit happens. The odds for Liverpool losing 6 in a row at Anfield while scoring just once were extremely low (say 1: 5000), but it happened. No place for arrogance and complacency. It's not over until it's over.
Fine. You're perfectly entitled to your opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.