Leeds United 2018/19 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Bielsa, and its a great start Leeds have made, the question is if they can sustain it for the season, and not run out of steam, which was a problem when he managed Bilbao during 2011/12. They were brilliant to watch under him, including battering United at Old Trafford in the Europa League, but the efforts eventually took their toll, and they fell away towards the end.

As much as I remember how much(generally) Leeds fans were scumbags, i would like to see them in the premier league. Still a big club that would easily get 40000 plus, not sure how many Elland road holds nowadays but it was always full and intimating when we used to play them.

I hate to say it but they looked a good side today. Were much too good for Derby. The Leeds goalie looks so young though, at half time break I thought he was going in for a Farley's rusk.

As much as I remember how much(generally) Leeds fans were scumbags, i would like to see them in the premier league. Still a big club that would easily get 40000 plus, not sure how many Elland road holds nowadays but it was always full and intimating when we used to play them.
Sheffield Wednesday have a bigger average attendance for a good few years and a bigger ground. and outside all the hype about Leeds being a sleeping giant, Wednesday have won more than Leeds through their history n’all.

Sheffield Wednesday have a bigger average attendance for a good few years and a bigger ground. and outside all the hype about Leeds being a sleeping giant, Wednesday have won more than Leeds through their history n’all.
There is no hype about them being a sleeping giant, they are still a big club, and one of the games sleeping giants as Wednesday are. Leeds is a one club City and Leeds fans have had it very grim for years. If/when they get in the premier league Elland road would be packed every other week. If they had stability with signs of getting back to where were in the late 60s-early to mid 70s then they would probably be able to pull 50k each home league game.

I remember them winning the league and FA cup as a young kid. Don Revvie's Leeds were dirty bastards but a great side, far better than anything I can remember Wednesday doing or being. - Harvey, Reaney, Cherry, Bremner, McQueen, Hunter, Lorimer, Clarke, Jones, Jordan, Gray, Madeley, Giles.

They all could play and I've never been fond of Leeds but they were a good side back in the day.

Wednesday may have a bigger stadium, but Leeds are more famous worldwide than Wednesday are. Last time Wednesday won anything of note Methusalah was a lad.

It’s very worrying.
Why? I'd rather them be in the premier league than Bournemouth. Bournemouth may be where they are on merit and good management, but they were propping up the old 4th div for donkeys years, averaging 3k if they were doing a bit better. They certainly weren't there when they were shit in their ramshackle old Dean Court stadium. Now they are in their poxy renevated and renamed subbuteo stadium, the cheeky ****s have the audacity to sing(yawn)WWYWYWS. Bournemouth is still a south coast resort where old folks go to die.

Last edited:
Bournemouth still play at Dean Court. Like CoMS, it’s changed its name for sponsorship reasons.

I’d rather see any club in the Premier League than dirty Leeds, with the exception of the rags and the buswreckers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.