Leeds United (A) Post Match Thread

Possibly out of the title race already, three games in. We had to hit the ground running this season and against Wolves it looked like we had, then the last two league games have reverted back to last season's shit shows. We need a Vinny in this side, someone to bang heads together and rally the troops, who have we capable of doing this?

Even the Wolves game we struggled after the first 30 minutes. Leicester and tonight we were struggling after 20

I think one of our major problems was that we took our foot off the peddle after we scored. We failed to push home our advantage and let them get more possession. This is where we miss David controlling the game.
I agree that Pep seems slightly burnt out at present. The old Pep would be more have been more frustrated at the end, but he seemed accepting of the situation.
We look short in various areas. Mendy continues not to be the player he was pre injury! Although as people have mentioned, he looks sharper at times, overall he looks to have lost a yard of pace and his mentality and confidence appear to have suffered as a result.
Torres reminds me of an early Sterling at City before he really stepped up. He lost possession in the build up to the corner in which we conceded. These are little mistakes but they are the difference between a really successful top team and one that is going to be slightly off the pace. With Mahrez also performing averagly, we failed to keep up our momentum fully
Silva for me supplied a bit more quality at the end! We really need our big players to step up now on a consistent basis, for us to make this a decent season. If we don't get our act together quickly, I can see us concentrating our efforts on the Champions League! Which subconsciously maybe where some of the player's and management are at!

Possibly out of the title race already, three games in. We had to hit the ground running this season and against Wolves it looked like we had, then the last two league games have reverted back to last season's shit shows. We need a Vinny in this side, someone to bang heads together and rally the troops, who have we capable of doing this?
Yeah we had to hit the ground running without a proper rest/pre season/players missing/injuries.

Come on mate, enough of these loaded posts, think before you post, enough now.

We can all see it. Utter crap compared to the previous standards set. We now have no pace, energy or defenders that can defend or strikers that can hit a barn door. Still garbage corners. WTF do this lot do in training?? Mendy and Mahrez amongst worst MCFC signings ever. It is embarrassing Pep.
That is one of the most ridiculous claims I have ever seen on Bluemoon, and that’s saying something.

Nigel Clough, Lee Badbuy, Alan Kernaghan are three far worse without having to think about it.

My point is that we can call it whatever we like and we are going to gain match fitness BUT the other teams, especially Liverpool are already at cruising speed while we are still on the choke
Agreed, but Liverpool had a preseason as they were out of Europe, we weren’t so we didn’t. Those small percentages make a big difference. Saw a stat today that us, Chelsea, United & Wolves has all been outrun in pretty much all our games this season. No coincidence all 4 teams had no pre season due to European competition.

Also doesn’t help that our 2 main goal scorers are out too. Think Aguero would bagged a hatful today if fit & firing on all cylinders

I very rarely post after a defeat but here goes
Positives.. Apart from his mistake Eddie played very well
Laporte and Días look like they could be a good partnership
Ake looks good too
Bernie looks like he's getting his form back
Rod was decent
Walker want too bad and Raz took his goal well
Negatives. Mendy has good moments then fucks up
Kev looks out of sorts (but still gives 100%)
Phil didn't get into the game
Mahrez isn't a player we need when struggling.. He has amazing skill but he is too lazy and too fucking soft.
We never get any of the big decisions in our favour either.. If that handball or the foul on Raz would have been at the other end of the pitch we would have been penalised.
It should have been a red for foul on Bernie but wouldn't have changed the result.
We get fouled a lot and rarely get any of them but refs blow up as soon as we do anything.
Leeds played some good football and look a decent team.
We need to get Kun and Gabby back asap

EjbL6EmWoAsiI1n
Can we just have this back please??
Many people last season where saying Dave was well past it and not the player he was. He wasn't the player he was but still better than 99% of the others in the league. What he gave you most of all was control. He hardly ever got tackled or gave the ball away. Now when teams look at us they don't see Silva and Debruyne they just see Kev. Makes a massive difference. Torres will take time and we have no centre forward. Time will tell if this is a blip or a bigger problem

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.