Leeds United (A) Post Match Thread

Its been a long three weeks , looking at the state of some posters on this forum , what a bunch of entitled fuckers we are turning into. We have had a ropey start to the season , and their are plenty of reasons / excuses for this , i wont be judging Pep or the squad until at least November/December , after a decade of unprecedented success maybe a season recharging the batteries is due , but we will be back at the top because our owners will not settle for 2nd best. The media would love us to fail its our duty to disappoint them and the 'istree clubs

They can start by bringing in the players we need to start the process of achieving that.

Anybody who thinks this squad can win a title and do some real damage in Europe is relying on false hope.

Almost two years since we went two games without a win and while a small sample its a big concern.

Pep and the likes of Sterling saying we have done well to be where we are after 3 games when we are likely to be 8 points behind 3 teams after 4 games and just above the relegation zone is a a sign where we are.

Already 3 points behind last year at the same time and our worst start under Pep with some tough games to come that seem to be increasing in number.

The most concerning thing is our inability to hold onto leads giving up cheap goals and reverting to bad habits during matches.

From being in control to being on the back foot in the blink of an eye.

5 points dropped from winning positions already when we know if we fall behind we are in strife.

This is terminal in Europe especially for us and more sides know and can exploit our weaknesses than in a many a year.

Some right old bollocks being spouted. We have had no pre season, got huge key personnel missing, and this is the beginning not the end.
Still got a couple of days for squad realignment if required. The single biggest issue is fitness. Others are in front but.. the season is long and we shall come again. Believe.C’mon

Some right old bollocks being spouted. We have had no pre season, got huge key personnel missing, and this is the beginning not the end.
Still got a couple of days for squad realignment if required. The single biggest issue is fitness. Others are in front but.. the season is long and we shall come again. Believe.C’mon

We aren't missing many players that will significantly improve the team,maybe 2.

We are rebuilding though(management included) and the players are getting to know each other and adjust to the new methods and styles,fitness will also be improving for many.

I agree,barring other injury/illness,the season will pick up.Yesterdays game wasn't half as bad as some are making out.

Sorry, I was responding to your post that Mendy didn't make any other fouls. Which he did. The rest of your post is irrelevant
Not all fouls are yellows, are they? My point is leeds got away with some, so why concentrate on his fouls and ignore genuine mistakes we got denied.

How did we get in a position where both our strikers are injured?! What's the culpability of our medical team here? Last season KBD and Laporte off short huge chunks

Nobody's laughing at the lack of a striker right now.
I am sure Sanchez would have scored plenty plenty at City, but that's another matter.
In my opinion, we have lacked the option of a well built striker who can muscle his way in the box for a number of years. We've done really well without that option, but it would be a good option to have all the same.
300K a week = 15 million a year. We've lost more than that in the past with bad buys. He's a proven striker, ageing, but would make a half decent makeshift and another option to Jesus. He can head the ball too.
We are desperately short of a striker without doubt and in my opinion have been short for some time.
Aguero is at the end of his career with us even before his serious knee injury, Jesus despite his wonderful attitude and workrate is not good enough as an out and out goal threat.

But short term signing are not the answer, Cavani once a great player, but now looking for a quick payday and not what this club wants.

We should have brought in Aguero's long term successor this window but yet again the club have failed to replace a legend as was the case when Kompany, Silva and Yaya left.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.