Leeds United (A) Post Match Thread

Can’t believe the negativity. It’s like all you see are a team of white shirts like we faced newly promoted Fulham. I haven’t been this impressed with a football team in years. Playing like we did tonight, we would’ve beat most teams. Rodri was rock solid, Dias and Laporte will be immense and our strikers are back soon.

Everyone thought Liverpool would be unbeatable last season but then came their dip. The projection would be that they would reach 108+ points, but look what happend. We lost to Leicester with Garcia and a sloppy Mendy, and we faced a really good team tonight.

We’ll come back.
Avoid this thread fort the sake of your sanity. It should be re labelled the post match bile spewing thread.

Thought we played well but the amount of shots on target was a disgrace.
Again for us still to have problems at left back for 4 seasons now is shocking as well.
Bernardo looked the part at last.

I had meant to watch that back it looked like he just shot it wide? Was it a corner?
No it wasnt. Sky called it a great save, then shut up after the replay showed he hit the top of the bar.

How can you get worked up that the balance of midfield is an issue when the player who is most likely to slot in and fix that balance, Bernardo, only started training with the side this week, and hasn't been fit enough to start yet?

We didn't panic after conceding tonight, we pretty much shut them down straight away with help from a couple of subs.

I really hope Bernardo is the man. I think it’s more likely Gundogan plays, more control, less forward thrust and a slow midfield. We panicked a lot from the 30 minute. We didn’t take control again until Fernandinho came on.

I've forgotten what it feels like to have a player one on one and actually have confidence that they'll bury it

200k a week and 10 mill agents fee and no doubt a healthy signing on fee for a player who will be 34 in Feb.. not at all “Free”.

If he came to us and scored a dozen goals it would be money well spent , our owner loses £20m down the back of his settee every week , who gives a f\*ck about the money , UEFA wont anymore.

I imagine the scousers will beat them quite comfortably though. And they have already taken points from Chelsea away.

Pains me to say it but the scousers are currently a better team than us, whether that's to do with time off before the season or players I'm not sure.

LOL 300k week, Sanchez MKII, agent Ed thank you
Nobody's laughing at the lack of a striker right now.
I am sure Sanchez would have scored plenty plenty at City, but that's another matter.
In my opinion, we have lacked the option of a well built striker who can muscle his way in the box for a number of years. We've done really well without that option, but it would be a good option to have all the same.
300K a week = 15 million a year. We've lost more than that in the past with bad buys. He's a proven striker, ageing, but would make a half decent makeshift and another option to Jesus. He can head the ball too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.