Leeds United (A) Post Match Thread

First off - very difficult to win games at this level without a striker. Impossible almost.

Immediately puts a team in a weakened, disadvantaged position.

Second - many of the players don't look match fit. They became extremely "ragged" in that second half due to lack of physical and mental conditioning. Lots of stray passes, lots of inability to accelerate away from Leeds players.

Third - Mahrez and Mendy are still very very clearly not good enough. We can probably carry one such player but not two.

Fourth - 30 minutes of huge holes in the middle third. Worrying as fuck.

Fifth - Dias had a very good debut in a very ragged team performance. Likes to defend in an old school way. Pleasing.

I hate to say I told you so, but...

This is a top four team at best. We'll not get anywhere near the title. You can blame Pep all you want but the real issue is recruitment. Mahrez is a £60m paperweight. He doesn't suit this team one bit and, I'm afraid to say, the early signs suggest that Torres is another one. Did either of them manage to win a single one-on-one? We lack pace right the way through the team. This isn't La Liga.

Leaving aside Mendy, who we know is a massive liability, our front three are the reason we didn't win this game. We gave the ball away over and over again. We conceded so many chances from giving the ball away high up the pitch. In the end, a draw is more than we deserve. We'd have stood a much better chance if Bernardo started instead of Mahrez, but I don't think it resolves all our problems even with Aguero and Jesus returning.

He’s 20 years old and has played 2 games in a new league FFS

Fucking scared of spending on top players that's what's happening. Not just this season, but last year too. If you buy average players you end up average.
We spend shitloads of money in the cheaper positions. £60m on a defensive midfielder. £50-60m per defender. But up front, we'd have to be spending £100m to get equivalent quality and they haven't seemed willing to do that.

Having said that, I don't think for a second that our squad isn't good enough to win the league.

No Pen?
No Red Card for that on Bernardo?
Getting a bit fed up of it all tbh!

The pen I agree. The red card also but it wouldn’t have helped us. Better Leeds be full strength to face other opponents.

Lack of a striker really showed today - over 20 shots on goal is crazy. Big mistake by Ederson but he also pulled off a word class save

League over. Can't score goals.

I dont care about our defence, its been all over the place since Pep arrived and teams will get chances. We get 10+ a game ourselves and we fail to convert too often.

Simply waiting for Aguero to get back is not enough.

I think a reality check is needed we’ve had no pre-season, players called up on international duty , let’s be honest they already look knackered I think two seasons of readjustment is on the cards I’ll take top four and the league cup anything else from now is a bonus for me.

Huge reaction was needed after the horrible Leicester loss.

How you react to losses shows your real mentality.

If this is how we reacted that bodes very bad for Pep and the players.

thank God Bamford missed that sitter in the end. Ederson corrected his howler a bit.

Mahrez upfront centrally, never again please. We need someone there who puts the fear into defenders and has a certain presence around/in the box. They were laughing on Mahrez most likely...

Also we looked incredibly tired in last 10 minutes, Rodri hardly could walk, same for the rest really...

Arteta coming to Etihad in 2 weeks time and I am really worried. They did us in FA cup semis, Arteta knew what to do and how to do it to hurt us and they won. (with us not even making attacks for 45 minutes only turned up temp 2nd half when we were already behind, and thats in an FA cup semifinal)

7 points from 12, not good enough when Liverpool will be doing 12/12. Everton same.

Hard to see us beating Arsenal now and that only means we will be 7-8 points behind Liverpool in 5 games. Klopp must be laughing how easy we make it for him again. and then we start CL games, pressure will be on even more.

We have 4 points at the moment not 7....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.