Leeds United (A) Post Match Thread

A big concern for me is the lack of great saves an opposition keeper has to make when we play now. We don’t work the keeper hard enough. We need a new striker. We can’t piss around like this any longer. You can’t win the league after 7/8 games but you can certainly lose it and if we don’t shape up very quickly then we will be 8/9 points behind.

Mendy has to be dropped now. He is just a complete liability defensively. Mahrez too. He just doesn’t do enough.

Walker is starting to look sloppy again too.

The positives were Ederson despite the goal, Dias and Laporte who seemed to have a reasonable understanding.

Why did we take until the 80th min to wake up?

Very concerning first few games. Had Wolves and Leeds had a great striker we could easily have conceded 12 goals already.
-Our 2 first striker are out injured, so hardly surprising
-mahrez and walker were poor and need replacing agree.
-Yes first games with no pre season.
-we aguero had been fit we could have too won those games

We were brilliant for the first 25 minutes, and looked the side most likely to win it in the last ten minutes. There was quite an alarming drop off in between though. Profligacy in front of goal was costly, as is so often the case with us.

Glad it’s an international break now tbh. Hopefully we’ll get a few bodies back by the time of the Arsenal game (Aguero, Jesus, Cancelo, Gundogan) and we’ll be stronger for it. Feels like it could be a difficult season though, and uncertainty over Guardiola’s future not helping. Dias looked really good though, on the bright side.

The only thing I can put it down to is that if you are used to playing in full stadia week in week out it must be hard to motivate yourself for what in effect feel like practice matches. That said they are professional athletes (was going to say footballers but didn't want to leave Mendy or Mahrez out) and should be able to overcome things like that

Fair fucks to Leeds though, how many teams have tried to play like that against us and not got battered.

Sick to death of Mahrez finding a decent position only to twat it way over the bar.

Mendy continues to be a real concern despite playing really well in parts and looked a lot faster but another dreadful error yet again.

Pains me to say it but the scousers are currently a better team than us, whether that's to do with time off before the season or players I'm not sure.
They are way ahead of us on the player and fitness front.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.