Ake
Zinchenko

Ferandinho
Gundogan
Palmer

Sterling
Foden
Grealish

Think we might be physically and mentally f*cked for this one. Hate to say it, but after tonight, and the 2nd leg of the CL to come next week, looks like it's going to be a squad team against Leeds, which doesn't bode well against a Leeds team and a partizan home crowd fighting for PL safety. Draw. :-(
I think this is the problem with not putting the game done tonight. We have to rotate but it’s a risk. Extra day gives us a better chance though.

I think this is the problem with not putting the game done tonight. We have to rotate but it’s a risk. Extra day gives us a better chance though.
What extra day?

Playing tues not Wednesday-I’m looking for positives. Personally I think tonight will take so much out of us physically and mentally that it’s going to be v hard.
Rotation will give us a fresh enough squad to get it done

Don't think there will be as much rotation as is being suggested. We've not flogged the players, we've given bits of rest where possible recently, with potentially 7 games left all with something huge on them, we can get through with largely the same team.

Cancelo definitely back in, ake coming in wouldn't be unexpected. Gundo can slot in midfield and sterling in the front 3 is all I'm expecting at most. Strong team to get the job done first then we can use subs once the points are in the bag. Last thing we want to do is go into a game behind the dippers with a changed team who aren't at it and have to try and rescue something.

Ederson
Cancelo
Dias
Ake
Zinchenko
Rodri
Gundogan
Kdb
Sterling
Foden
Jesus.

Get the game won then we can use the likes of Grealish, Palmer and Fernandinho to rest key legs

Ederson

Cancelo
Dias
Ake
Zinchenko

Rodri
Gundogan
Bernardo

Sterling
Jesus
Grealish

I would probably go with the above.

Unsure whether to rest Laporte or not. Ake is rested and Laporte probably needs a break but I also think that Laporte and Dias need some game time together to develop their understanding at the back. Dias certainly needs to play and get his match sharpness back.

KDB looked tired 2nd half against Real so would go with our central midfield 'control' 3 against Leeds.

Last edited:
I think Pep may go with Fern and Rodders in the middle as he did vs Watford
Have to say, watching Palace vs Leeds last night, Leeds are dreadful
Let's get the game won in the first 45 and then rest up

...................Eddie
Cancelo...Dias..Ake...Zinchenko
...........Rodders...Fern
Sterling....Gundogan...Grealish
.................Jesus
If that’s the team on Saturday I can see us dropping points. For me, De Bruyne starts every game, he’s our talisman and these are must win games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.