Leeds United (H) - Post-Match Thread

Which marking method does a team employ when the opposition attack and midfield are so fluid, positionally-variable and, best still, on top form? Bielsa is a very thoughtful coach and proved it last year, but last night would have stretched most teams and they would have been found wanting. Kev moving rapidly back his top form and Greasy Jack treating us to his best game since he joined. But credit to Leeds - they displayed 100% more ambition than the Jackals from Staffordshire.
Since when has Wolverhampton been part of Staffordshire?

I see that weird **** Delaney has managed to re-hash one of his many 'City are bad because they've spent millions and it's not fair' articles, nearly a year on from him wanking Liverpool off for beating Palace 7-0. At this point, we might as well just laugh about it because it will never end.

The commentators last night kept mentioning how Leeds had a bit of a crisis in defence, i must admit i don't watch many of their games so not sure who is who, but they did look pretty light at the back. It didn't seem like a normal Leeds performance against us where they hassle you constantly, but i do believe that was also because of what City did. I know Bielsa mentioned that it wasn't anything special from City and it was pretty much a normal performance from us, can't work out if he is just saying that or if he actually means it because it was different from every time we have played Leeds. The reason is we were playing to overload areas, Foden's position was meant to get them out of shape and that's exactly what it did. We never really see Rodri doing penetrating runs but that's what happened because we had Stones and Zinchenko covering deep and filling in, but that was allowed for because of the position of Foden. It was pretty inspired from Pep.
Dont know a lot about leeds and their players myself but from where i was sitting last night if any Panto's are struggling for Dwarves this festive holidays they should send a recruiter round. They looked really low on height...pardon the pun

Pep, ever the gentlemen. Never gloats about beating a team 7-0, and gives them tributes.
Then plays down his own job, "the club buys incredible players, i just coach them to run alot".
You're a Manchester legend my bald mucker and will be remembered by people in the know as the best coach this country as ever witnessed.
If you only stayed around half the 27 yrs the pisscan was in charge over there you would eclipse his trophy haul.

PS and you wouldn't need the help off the bent FA/Premier League in which to achieve it!
Well said. Nothing much to add.
The best manager in the world at the best TEAM in the land and all the world...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.