Leeds United Thread - 2022/23

ive just seen big sams press conference, he walks like an old man,and seems a little slow, something isn't quite right with the fella
In the first half of the interview, I thought the same, but watching the whole thing I think he was just very nervous at the start, but as he slotted into the interview he got more confident, answered quicker, spoke better and more clearly.

Bit rusty after two years out of the game?

I think fair dues to him. He knows his style of football and I wouldn't be surprised that if Big Sam stayed there for next season he'd do well enough. Route one, kick-shit, parked-bus football is generally effective with the right mix of players.

Too many teams have tried to play Pep style football only to fail miserably because they don't have the right players and backroom staff for it.

If he stays on I'll he interested to watch Leeds next season. I'm shitting our game against them already.
He was sussed out a long time ago, he did a superb job at Bolton but that was 15 years ago.

He has steadily declined since then, it just amazes me he still gets these gigs and the huge sums of money that come with them, fair play to him but says a lot about how poorly a lot of football clubs are run.

He's up there with the greats....

dance-funny.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

tony-pulis.gif
You forgot this fella, once seen never forgotten

steve-bruce-knobtouch.gif

Some of these have had more clubs than Jack Nicklaus.

If chairman had some foresight past 6/12 months none of them would get a gig....even the 'winners' only manage to do it for a short period.

Fucking hell. And he said it with a straight face. He actually believes it, doesn't he?

I reckon he has fallen out of love with football and is just trolling everyone. This is going to turn out to be a gloriously demented piece of performance art like when Joaquin Phoenix pretended he'd lost his mind for a couple of years and became a rapper.

Some of these have had more clubs than Jack Nicklaus.

If chairman had some foresight past 6/12 months none of them would get a gig....even the 'winners' only manage to do it for a short period.

Standard of managers at the moment isn’t great compared to where it was 12-15 years ago. You had Pep, Klopp, Ancelloti, Mourinho, Benitez who were solid and you knew they had the capability to do a job if they were hired.

Now we have clubs going after managers who have been out of the game for 2 years like Hodgson and Fat Sam to save them from relegation. Is it clubs just not giving managers time and being too spooked about staying on the premier league gravy train, that they then go and sack the manager after a bad run of games?

Standard of managers at the moment isn’t great compared to where it was 12-15 years ago. You had Pep, Klopp, Ancelloti, Mourinho, Benitez who were solid and you knew they had the capability to do a job if they were hired.

Now we have clubs going after managers who have been out of the game for 2 years like Hodgson and Fat Sam to save them from relegation. Is it clubs just not giving managers time and being too spooked about staying on the premier league gravy train, that they then go and sack the manager after a bad run of games?
Probably a lot less ex players going into coaching as well, since the ones with any sense are already set for life by the time they retire.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.