Leeds United Thread - 2022/23

It’s a tactics he uses

This sort of stuff to grab the headlines and take the pressure and spotlight off his players.
Funny you should say that but you're absolutely spot on. I happen to know 100% that he told the top brass at LUFC that he was going to say this before the press conference for exactly that reason.

The brontosaurus will play for four nil nil draws. Leeds might not score another goal this season and still stay up.
34 points is very unlikely to be enough for survival, there's always a couple of teams down the bottom who manage a few wins at the death.

They don't actually. We earn more than them now.https://www.statista.com/statistics/240912/broadcasting-payments-to-clubs-in-the-english-premier-league/
Same amount of games shown. Only dippers and arsenal had more. dippers isn't surprising but arsenal is.

Funny you should say that but you're absolutely spot on. I happen to know 100% that he told the top brass at LUFC that he was going to say this before the press conference for exactly that reason.

He used to do it at West Ham, a lot of managers do it. Just diversion tactics. Takes the pressure off the players.
Many fall for it.

Same amount of games shown. Only dippers and arsenal had more. dippers isn't surprising but arsenal is.
If they continue to be as not as underwhelming as they have been this past decade, you better get used to it. The broadcasters will want a competitive league, as it'll boost their subscriptions. I imagine they hate the current domination by "lickle ol' Citeh"™. Consequently, any challengers will get a lot of screen time. And, given the right recruitment, Arsenal are as likely to be a challenger as any of the rest of them.

If they continue to be as not as underwhelming as they have been this past decade, you better get used to it. The broadcasters will want a competitive league, as it'll boost their subscriptions. I imagine they hate the current domination by "lickle ol' Citeh"™. Consequently, any challengers will get a lot of screen time. And, given the right recruitment, Arsenal are as likely to be a challenger as any of the rest of them.
This was last season though, they were muddling along in 4th and 5th all season. This season I could understand.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.