Leeds United Thread - 2022/23

“In terms of supporter base, we are a massive club and certainly had more supporters than Man City”

Yet Leeds all time average is 5k less than City’s So certainly did not ever

The Inter City Fairs Cup was never a UEFA competition Consequently, the confederation does not consider clubs' records in the Fairs Cup to be part of their European record So consequently Leeds have never won anything in Europe
95 Season of which 43 outside top flight =45%
City’s record is 119 season of which 26 outside top flight =21%
Not true. Leeds won the European Cup in 1975 when they lost the final to Bayern Munich. It's how their minds work.
They blame the officials of course, and while the whiter than white Bayern Munich would never do anything corrupt, I remember watching on TV and the refereeing was from the Atwell, Webb, Madley School of Confused Officials.

“In terms of supporter base, we are a massive club and certainly had more supporters than Man City”

Yet Leeds all time average is 5k less than City’s So certainly did not ever

The Inter City Fairs Cup was never a UEFA competition Consequently, the confederation does not consider clubs' records in the Fairs Cup to be part of their European record So consequently Leeds have never won anything in Europe
95 Season of which 43 outside top flight =45%
City’s record is 119 season of which 26 outside top flight =21%

"Leeds have never won anything in Europe" is simply an incorrect statement as both you and I have just confirmed and as the record shows. It's actually monumentally fuckwitted of you to make such a statement while negating that very same statement in the same post. I know that football fans generally have a reputation for lacking logic and intellect, but you take the light blue scarf.

Actually, the only thing I got wrong was to suggest that ours was a far superior record to yours only before the sovereign investment in your club. In fact, in terms of silverware, our European record remains superior to yours, even in 2023 - which is quite amusing. Let's hope that changes this year and you finally win the Champions League.

You missed out the rest of my sentence where I say: "...until your recent success brought lots of plastic supporters from all over the country and overseas." I can understand why you'd want to miss that out.

I've no issue with your club either, but that is bollocks.

You have great (in some terms anyway) support, you should just embrace it rather than have a go at ours, we are in a 2 (+) club City, and you are in a single club City, so it's far easier to be well supported.

I've recently worked with a Leeds fan, who (with his dad) was home and away, yet lived in Bournemouth. That is dedication, and they did it through the shit times too.

As a club you have serious problems that won't be easy to sort out, manager and players, and there doesn't seem to be a plan, and in the end it's why you went down.
I wasn't 'having a go' at your real supporters and you should stop being so touchy. I know it's a touchy subject, but there are even people on this very forum who admit that they are plastics. It's not like I'm stating anything controversial. Your supporter base has blown-up massively due to your recent success. This is just a fact. You're not the Real Man City anymore. You're a Plastic Smiley Club now, which is why some of you on here have taken to issuing stern lectures about the behaviour of other club's supporters. Your stadium is soulless and has no atmosphere, but at least you're well-behaved and don't sing rude chants at players. Nor would you, given that you have a bottomless pit of money to spend on all the best players, like a cheat code on Football Manager.

I have been around a long time and I remember when Man City fans complained about how their club had barely done anything in living memory. Be careful about getting too cocky because those days might come back. For the record, I bear no ill will towards your club and wish you continued success but it can't last forever.

Getting cocky for calling your club out for the second tier club you are? Lol.

"Leeds have never won anything in Europe" is simply an incorrect statement as both you and I have just confirmed and as the record shows. It's actually monumentally fuckwitted of you to make such a statement while negating that very same statement in the same post. I know that football fans generally have a reputation for lacking logic and intellect, but you take the light blue scarf.

Actually, the only thing I got wrong was to suggest that ours was a far superior record to yours only before the sovereign investment in your club. In fact, in terms of silverware, our European record remains superior to yours, even in 2023 - which is quite amusing. Let's hope that changes this year and you finally win the Champions League.

You missed out the rest of my sentence where I say: "...until your recent success brought lots of plastic supporters from all over the country and overseas." I can understand why you'd want to miss that out.

I wasn't 'having a go' at your real supporters and you should stop being so touchy. I know it's a touchy subject, but there are even people on this very forum who admit that they are plastics. It's not like I'm stating anything controversial. Your supporter base has blown-up massively due to your recent success. This is just a fact. You're not the Real Man City anymore.
You're a Plastic Smiley Club now
, which is why some of you on here have taken to issuing stern lectures about the behaviour of other club's supporters. Your stadium is soulless and has no atmosphere, but at least you're well-behaved and don't sing rude chants at players. Nor would you, given that you have a bottomless pit of money to spend on all the best players, like a cheat code on Football Manager.
'You're a Plastic Smiley Club now', can one of the mods fuck this six fingered **** off, cheers in advance .

I wasn't 'having a go' at your real supporters and you should stop being so touchy. I know it's a touchy subject, but there are even people on this very forum who admit that they are plastics. It's not like I'm stating anything controversial. Your supporter base has blown-up massively due to your recent success. This is just a fact. You're not the Real Man City anymore. You're a Plastic Smiley Club now, which is why some of you on here have taken to issuing stern lectures about the behaviour of other club's supporters. Your stadium is soulless and has no atmosphere, but at least you're well-behaved and don't sing rude chants at players. Nor would you, given that you have a bottomless pit of money to spend on all the best players, like a cheat code on Football Manager.
Look the fact is you were a nothing club before Revie and have been a nothing club since he left bar 1 league title 30 years ago, you've been in the lower divisions for far more seasons than City, and won less trophies before the takeover, in terms of supporter base you're the only league club in one of the biggest cities in the UK so yeah you have fans, doesn't make you a "massive" club.

Last edited:
I wasn't 'having a go' at your real supporters and you should stop being so touchy. I know it's a touchy subject, but there are even people on this very forum who admit that they are plastics. It's not like I'm stating anything controversial. Your supporter base has blown-up massively due to your recent success. This is just a fact. You're not the Real Man City anymore. You're a Plastic Smiley Club now, which is why some of you on here have taken to issuing stern lectures about the behaviour of other club's supporters. Your stadium is soulless and has no atmosphere, but at least you're well-behaved and don't sing rude chants at players. Nor would you, given that you have a bottomless pit of money to spend on all the best players, like a cheat code on Football MaManager.
No matter if City win the Premier League, Champions League, FA Cup, League Cup, Finished mid table or stay up or get relegated. Or suddenly become poor or in financial trouble.

I will always follow them to the day I die. My Dad was blue and has been since he was young (Back in the 70s). I started getting into football when I was about 9/10 (2002-03). I've seen some good and bad times like mid table finishes and surviving relegation. And then the takeover and the gradual success off the club winning trophies and playing the best football I've ever seen.

You sound like a Leeds fan and I get you had the good times and the bad. If Leeds got took over by a owner richer than us and Newcastle. And decides to spend money on the best players and maybe a new stadium or upgrade and better Elland Road. You wouldn't say no to that.

I get relegation is a embarrassment to any club with high expectations (Leicester included) but booing the players and manager chanting "Your not fit to wear the shirt" doesn't help get the team out off trouble. Any real fan would get behind their team no matter the result.

Last edited:
Weird thing is the idolise him in a way they did Revie who bribed their way to wins
Revie’s best brown envelope operation was to meet Alan Ball on the moors regularly and hand over cash so he would move from Blackpool to Leeds. Ball took the cash and signed for Everton.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.