Left Back

Who should we sign at left back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't get the flapping, do we need a left back? Yes. Are we in a significantly worse position that last year if we don't get one? No.

Walker and Cancelo are comfortable playing RB and LB respectively. We have basically swapped Zinchenko for JWE. He is not as proved and a completely different type of player being pacey and at a guess nowhere near as comfortable or experienced on the ball as Zin was. He will give us a different dimension overlapping out wide and having pace. If we go into this season as we are our cover is a bit less experienced and a bit lighter than it was last season our starting 11 is stronger.

With Ake as experienced cover too if we need it I think we will be fine
1659732207462.png

Sosa is carrying a knock not expected back till next week, doubt will here anything on that till he can complete a medical

My original post, in the wrong thread:

Just a thought. Is there any precedent whatsoever for Phillips playing in the full back position (on either side)? Pep’s crazy enough to have this in the back of his mind – he did it with Fern, after all, albeit not convincingly – and it might explain why he and the club are being so cool about all of this.

How are they being cool about it? They tried to sign a LB and Pep said that they have time until the end of the month. He's never been the type to publicly off moves, or lack thereof, in the market, but it has been reported he's not happy with the current balance in the squad re a LB.

He might end up having to work magic again, but it's not desirable or something they want to happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.