Left Back

Who should we sign at left back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
José Gayà. Not seen him play that I remember but he is captain of Valencia, 26, and football manager seems to think he is a pacy player with good technique. Spanish so would probably fit neatly into a Pep team. He’s played 17 times for Spain scoring three including a goal against Germany in the nations’ league. In August 2020 Valencia put their entire squad up for sale with one exception, this guy. Reported his contract runs only to 2023. Add him to the list!
Yeah, will do. Believe he’s a Valencia academy product and their club captain so he might be reluctant to leave.

Yeah, will do. Believe he’s a Valencia academy product and their club captain so he might be reluctant to leave.
Yeah, it does sound a bit that way but Valencia aren’t the strongest financially and he might fancy a few years somewhere he has a chance at the champions league.

I much prefer Cancelo on the left so I think bringing back one of the on loan right backs as cover for Walker makes more sense unless we sell Zinchenko.

My unpopular opinion - I would sell Cancelo to get a world class LB if it was an option.

Cancelo being right footed at LB fucks us up in quite a few ways. Pep won’t play an all right footed back line so Stones and Dias can’t play together. It makes us really narrow at the top of the pitch and hampers the LW’s performance.

He is a very good player but he’s not a left back and won’t get ahead of Walker at RB because he underpins our defence.

If there was a left back version of Walker I’d love to see Cancelo at RB, but until then I’d rather go with a proper LB and Walker.

Hickey has isn’t at our level yet but I think we’ll definitely be linked with him in the future. Haven’t seen much of Sosa but appears to be a good crosser of the ball.
For what we need ie. Rotationally and squad wise think he’s ideal, can understudy either side and start lower league and cup game level.

I much prefer Cancelo on the left so I think bringing back one of the on loan right backs as cover for Walker makes more sense unless we sell Zinchenko.
I think that's the right thing to do.
Cancelo, Zinchenko and Ake can all cover that position.
Maybe they are not the greatest but not the worst either

Yeah, it does sound a bit that way but Valencia aren’t the strongest financially and he might fancy a few years somewhere he has a chance at the champions league.
Hopefully, he has a bit of ambition. He has been linked with Barcelona a lot.

I think that's the right thing to do.
Cancelo, Zinchenko and Ake can all cover that position.
Maybe they are not the greatest but not the worst either
We have got to strive and to have the best players. We want to compete for 4 trophies each season and we cannot do that without the best players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.