Left Back

Who should we sign at left back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cancelo and Zinchenko are absolutely fine but the issue, if there is one, is that we have little cover for Kyle and his physical attributes are pretty unique. Personally, I would like us to integrate a player from the academy, who would back up Kyle and/or Cancelo. We may be able to afford another £40m player but we could unearth an absolute gem, give hope to young players, and mould that player into a world-beater. CJ Egan-Riley and Josh Wilson-Esbrand would be my choices, a right-back and a left-back, given regular minutes from the start of the season.
Hopefully next year we can start putting some games to bed early, if take chances. Tge 5 subs hopefully gives options of rotating certain academy boys into the fray.
Im guessing squad likely to remain relatively small in comparison to others but high quality.

Do midfielders not have to tackle, control the ball, head the ball, make simple passes or mark anyone ?
Worst player we have had in 15 years in any position.
Absolute dog shit. Wouldn't give him a kick around in Heaton Park.
Yep. He's worse than Mangala and Bony. Ok.

Looking at the stats, If we want an already made option, Theo Hernandez would be the way to go, a defensive minded option would be Cucurella and an attacking option would be David Raum.

Raum's assists (fourth in the bundesliga), chances created and goals makes me feel like he would fit into a Pep team easily, still has some work to do defensively but playing at City that would only get better.

From the youtube highlights, he reminds me more of Zaba than walker, not extremely pacey but very intelligent, loves going forward, very composed on the ball, and takes his time to pick out the best option for a pass.

Just saw that he made the Bundesliga team of the season:

He would be a fucking beast in a pep team.
I admit to not having seen a lot of him, and to not have been too impressed when I did, but if you did and were and he made this Team of the Season list, then good enough. Is he linked with anyone?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.