Left Back

Who should we sign at left back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I said him already mate (the disaster of a left back, not even worth naming) was included in the initial 9 I listed including Haaland. So your point on city having signed ten £50m+ players under peps reign is clearly factually incorrect. It's also pretty clear Liverpool havent signed just the three at £50m+ either.
They shelled world record fees at the time to bring in arguably their best two current and most consistent players in van dijk and allison? Hardly revolutionary.
Yes they've been in a good position to win trophies this season, but where were they last? City have won a trophy every season for the last 5. They also have an ageing squad with most of their strongest 11 on the wrong side of or approaching 30. Salah, mane, firmino, henderson, thiago, alison, van dijk, fabinho, matip all in this category.

Also just to finish, we've just signed Haaland for £52m, are you saying this isnt a good deal?
Walkers fee is £50 total after add-ons which are presumably met by now. So that's 9 players listed on the link + haaland=10players. Don't want to debate over insignificances, the point being we've signed a lot more 50 odd million players than Liverpool.
Personally would just like to see us bring down the fees and still maintain the success to get people of our backs. Use mcatee/Palmer in the future etc and more cucurella for 30 million type deals. It's not that radical of an opinion haha.
They do have an aging squad but pep and klopp won't be around post 26 so not really his worry and they're still replacing players and buying well. Diaz jota for mane Salah etc.
Haaland was amazing business undoubtedly but one of the first deals in a while I find myself thinking 'thats a bloody steal'.

Would go all out for Theo Hernandez if I was txixi , would be unbelievable in this team . Not far off Walker for pace and has cancelo’s technical ability . He’s also a big lad at 6ft which is always a bonus.
Would probably cost 60 million + but Milan have been linked with a lot of our players recently maybe a deal could be done with one of Jesus/Sterling ?
Hernandez at times lacks discipline (positional) and ends up picking daft cards. Picked 2 red cards or more if I’m remembering correctly this season. Some of his action (in defending) against opposition players may not work in the PL as you now how refs treat city.

However, his pros are all there for people to see. Pace, technique, shooting, attacking threat…he’s got it. Would cost a bit to acquire him even if he was considered.

Hernandez at times lacks discipline (positional) and ends up picking daft cards. Picked 2 red cards or more if I’m remembering correctly this season. Some of his action (in defending) against opposition players may not work in the PL as you now how refs treat city.

However, his pros are all there for people to see. Pace, technique, shooting, attacking threat…he’s got it. Would cost a bit to acquire him even if he was considered.

I agree with that mate I believe pep would iron that out of his game though ( the discipline not the marauding runs down the wing )

Hernandez overlapping grealish, the space that would open up for Jack to cut inside or the option of him whipping a ball in for haaland would be unbelievable and give us a totally different outlet .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.