Leicester (a) pre-match thread

Leicester (a) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Mangala doesn't have the pace to match Vardy. He is fast, but Vardy is faster and less rigid.

2. Playing Mangala's probably results in a 5-10 drop in possession %. So rather than a 65 to 70% possession, you at 55 to 65%. That drop in itself results in 2 to 3 more chances been created.

Part of this is Mangala's ability and part of it is the lack of confidence of not having been doing this in real game situation like the rest.

3. If Mangala played, any smart manager should press us but funnel the ball to Mangala. Make him the playmaker out of the back. You can expect that.

Otamendi was our best passer out of the back early in the season partly coz teams purposely let the ball funnel to him... Apparently a lot of managers like fans and pundits erroneously concluded Ota was the passing weak link until he made them pay consistently.

Can Mangala do the same? And is the notion he is a weak passer out of the back erroneous? These might be questions worth examining

Or not :)

Agreed, all of that. We played 2 games so far this season with Mangala iirc, both in EFL cup (Brom and Wolves)

From my knowledge, Mangala wasn't half bad in the Brom game really, and I think he made our first goal with an incisive pass to Raheem passing through the lines. I know it isn't ideal but the only other options we have is to play Tosin at LCB or play Danilo or Dinho/Walker out of position.

Bravo and Delphs improvement are more confidence and tactics related, while Mangala lacks in basic technique, and the confidence that springs there from. I don't think its the same... But I look fwd to being wrong.
I don't know. What's lack of confidence and doubt, and what is lack of technique. Perhaps they look the same? I would never have expected Otamendi and Delph to play as well as they have this season.

Mangala looks the most likely starter to me as Kompany as far as I know hasn't started training. Perhaps we will hear news about that this week

Mangala for me. He needs to prove himself in Peps team and has had time to learn. Otamendi and Stones have turned out ok so I say lets see what Mangala brings (without looking through negative specs at everything he does)

If Mangala was at Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool or even Manure, he would have been a regular starter by now. He is a France international don't forget. Let him start at Leicester and prove all you doubters wrong.

If Mangala was at Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool or even Manure, he would have been a regular starter by now. He is a France international don't forget. Let him start at Leicester and prove all you doubters wrong.

Sorry he's had his chance.
The fact is if we had time Evans would have been signed and Mangala sold which is an indictment on Mangala really.
He makes too many mistakes and looks nervous all the time.

You say that like he's a key player in the France side. He has 8 caps and none of them in important games. Didn't play a single minute in the world cup and he only played 18 minutes in the euros last year and that was only cos they were winning 5-2 and wanted to rest their useful defenders. He would not be a regular starter in any of the teams you mentioned as they all have better defenders. Yes, even Liverpool.

Sorry he's had his chance.
The fact is if we had time Evans would have been signed and Mangala sold which is an indictment on Mangala really.
He makes too many mistakes and looks nervous all the time.

Mangala will never do it at city. Can you imagine us playing from the back with him. Would not play him v Leicester, would go with Walker and Stones with Danilo at RB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.