Leicester City (A) - Post-Match Thread

My understanding is that if a player is protecting his face instinctively then that is not handball. A handball where the player is deliberately making his profile bigger (as the leicester player did) leads to a penalty. That's a different situation.

All then does depend on the laws doesn’t it. Protecting your face isn’t or hasn’t ever been a thing I don’t think. It’s not hit his hands by his sides. He’s instinctively raised his arms to protect his face but basically moved his arms to the ball and blocked the shot towards goal. It’s a pen, that’s why everyone and Micah said the same, as well as commentators. Both incidents were pens. I’m not complaining one going in our favour but there always seems to be blues never able to admit when we get one. Still had many more against us than for us though.

We never agree Tom but on this i actually do and thought Kevs handball was a penalty.

I would have been screaming for it had it been the other way around.

Still unsure on who this Tom is but I’ll go with it. Exactly, someone throws their arms up and stops a goal bound shot you’d want a penalty. Just like I wanted the one we was rightly awarded. It’s more on var being crap once again and very inconsistent when it was brought in to iron them kind of things out. We got away with one, won the game let’s move on.

From the rules of the game: http://www.thefa.com/football-rules.../football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct

I have highlighted the relevant aspect.

HANDLING THE BALL

It is an offence if a player:
  • deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, including moving the hand/arm towards the ball
  • gains possession/control of the ball after it has touched their hand/arm and then:
    • scores in the opponents’ goal
    • creates a goal-scoring opportunity
  • scores in the opponents’ goal directly from their hand/arm, even if accidental, including by the goalkeeper

It is usually an offence if a player:

• touches the ball with their hand/arm when:
    • the hand/arm has made their body unnaturally bigger
    • the hand/arm is above/beyond their shoulder level (unless the player deliberately plays the ball which then touches their hand/arm)
The above offences apply even if the ball touches a player’s hand/arm directly from the head or body (including the foot) of another player who is close.

Except for the above offences, it is not usually an offence if the ball touches a player’s hand/arm:

• directly from the player’s own head or body (including the foot)
  • directly from the head or body (including the foot) of another player who is close
  • if the hand/arm is close to the body and does not make the body unnaturally bigger
  • when a player falls and the hand/arm is between the body and the ground to support the body, but not extended laterally or vertically away from the body
The goalkeeper has the same restrictions on handling the ball as any other player outside the penalty area. If the goalkeeper handles the ball inside their
penalty area when not permitted to do so, an indirect free kick is awarded but there is no disciplinary sanction.

He doesn’t though does he, it’s why he didn’t want to take the one at Spurs and that lack of confidence is evident in his execution of his penalties. The problem is we seemingly don’t have anyone confident enough to take one

the only way you beat the lack of confidence is to keep taking them and like i said if your a striker nobody taking the ball of me, nobody can question yesterday miss ? because he put his foot through the ball down the middle and the keeper saved it, how many would back aguero to score i said 99% of the fans would and the other 1% keeper save it

its just a bad run of luck at the moment and it adds to the pressure, but it will turn and i would be happy if our luck changes in a final or a bigger game

All then does depend on the laws doesn’t it. Protecting your face isn’t or hasn’t ever been a thing I don’t think. It’s not hit his hands by his sides. He’s instinctively raised his arms to protect his face but basically moved his arms to the ball and blocked the shot towards goal. It’s a pen, that’s why everyone and Micah said the same, as well as commentators. Both incidents were pens. I’m not complaining one going in our favour but there always seems to be blues never able to admit when we get one. Still had many more against us than for us though.
Spot on. It was a penalty. Who cares it wasn’t given. A small moment of comfort amongst a sea of inequity, incompetence and corruption.

Good mentally from the lads and great to come away with the win. Gives us the ability to focus other competitions now knowing we have the advantage for second in the league.

With regards to the penalties,I'm not clear on the covering the face rule even after reading a lot of the comments on here. But as others have said, if that had gone against us we'd be livid.

The Ederson one I was convinced was a penalty, even after seeing the first replay today. But after seeing from a couple of angles he does actually get the ball first. Keepers are almost always sided within a collison, no doubt he follows through right into him but, unless he's stoping a goalscoring opportunity or being extremely dangerous, not many refs would give it if the keeper gets to the ball first.

Thought Mendy played well again, had their right back on his arse at least three times that I counted. Not comfortable with the rodri and gundogan partnership though, although both were useful I feel it takes away some of our dynamism. Need a bit more energy sometimes, or a runner beyond, thought foden could have done that for us but we won so hey ho.

But feel we do have too many players coming for the ball rather than stretching the space or going beyond. When we scored it was from mahrez driving forward and lo and behold, the defenders are rushed, make a mistake, and Gabby is in.

Penalties, special session needed before the cup final please. Said it before, let the keeper move first or go for the corner. Anything in-between stands a much higher chance of not going in. If it does come to penalties at Wembley I think our first 5 will have to be Eddie, Mendy, Fernandinho, Gundogan and Moonchester!

the only way you beat the lack of confidence is to keep taking them and like i said if your a striker nobody taking the ball of me, nobody can question yesterday miss ? because he put his foot through the ball down the middle and the keeper saved it, how many would back aguero to score i said 99% of the fans would and the other 1% keeper save it

its just a bad run of luck at the moment and it adds to the pressure, but it will turn and i would be happy if our luck changes in a final or a bigger game

I don’t think city fans would be 99% confident he will score. One on one yes, penalty no. Hopefully it improves

Just listening to 606 from last night and they've gone to the half time report at our game and the commentator said ederson clattered nacho and could have been a penalty.

As we know ederson got his hands to it and put it onto nachos head then there was the collision, surely they have monitors and replays and it slowed down like we see.
Yes and the ball rebounded off nachos head and went out for a corner to Leicester. So VAR got another decision wrong again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.