Leicester City (H) Post Match Thread

I am kind of glad we got hammered in front of the world. Why? No one from players to manager to the boardroom can hide this performance and result.

The problems have been exposed by Leicester. We either fix them or we won’t. It is that simple.

We have been playing well below par for over a season. Players and coach are in the comfort zone going through the motions.

The club ie khaldoon needs to give pep a kick up the arse for his own good. Shake everyone out of this slumber. Come on pep, players and the club we can do this...I believe :)

Just look at the high standard and style of football we played in these seasons and compare it too now? It baffles me so much why we changed from a style of play which was so incredible. Even defence in those two seasons we were solid.

The injuries have taken its toll. We can only swim against the tide for so long.

Wishful thinking that. Liverpool have stolen a march on us and we haven’t responded.

Time will tell. Liverpool didn't have to replace players like Kompany, Ferna, Silva and Aguero. They are not in transition, we currently are. That's the difference.

Besides, Liverpool had a preseason. Our players were still resting when they played against Arsenal for the CS. Their defence was also shambolic against Leeds. Unlike us, though, they diodn't have any injuries in attack.

Pep inherited an aging team from Pellers with 11 players on the wrong side of 30. But legends like Dave, Kun, Kompany and Ferna were still top quality and we had 2 fantastic seasons from 2017 to 2019.

Now Pep has to make the next step and replace the legends. It's difficult! How to replace some of the greatest players in PL history and stay among the best in the world? Of course, time and patience are needed, can't happen overnight.

We have many top talents but most of them are not in their prime yet. Compare with Liverpool, most of their players are 27-30 y.o., which is optimal. Look at our team, the likes of Cancelo, Dias, Laporte, Ake, Mendy, Rodri, Bernardo, Jesus, Foden, Sterling, Stones, Torres are top talents but not in their prime yet.

Will we have another transitional season? I don't know, I believe that once we have a settled CB pair and our forwards are fit, we will be the best team in England again. Maybe not already in October and November but we will finish the season as the best team in England and hopefully Europe.
I stopped reading as soon as I got to Stones..

I think Pep is one of the best coaches around. And I understand he believes in the way football should be played:
1. If we have the ball the opponent can’t score.
2. To score goals you need to create chances.
I like to add one to Pep:
Do not hesitate to make one adjustment and therefore respect the opponent.
As in Leicester the one and sole adjustment was to make Walker a CB due to his speed.

Any top 10 manager finds a combination to go with the strength your team has, and adjusting to the wáy the opponents set up.

We are able to use this result as a stepping stone. Let’s do that. Forget about the beautiful way we play, let’s get results.

Hetty Wainthropp Investigates is on right now.

Even she can't get to the fucking bottom of why we have bought wrongly in Mendy and Rodri.

I think Rodri will come good. He's going to score a screamer in the next couple of weeks.

Mendy, on the other hand ... I just can't help picturing this every time he's on the ball ...

I think if we add Laporte and Diaz in at CB and then Ake at LB we will be a very different unit. However, our lack of mobility in the middle of midfield is not one we can just quickly resolve.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.