Leicester City (H) Post Match Thread

Hetty Wainthropp Investigates is on right now.

Even she can't get to the fucking bottom of why we have bought wrongly in Mendy and Rodri.
The bad injuries have done for Mendy. He was a good player when we bought him and no one on here was complaining.

Bernardo has the potential - 1 great season doesn’t elevate him to legend status. Not a first name on the sheet like those I’ve mentioned.

Sane - could have been but similar to Bernardo and he was here for 4 years. 1 of which injured.

Mahrez - zero consistency over one season to be classed as a legend.

Laporte - potentially yes but he’s not done enough yet as he’s been injured a lot in the 3 seasons he’s been here.

Walker - I’ll give you. A lot wouldn’t though.

Granted there’s still time for them to earn the status that the others have but if you think any of the aforementioned are near the status of those I have mentioned then it’s you who is the crank.

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to have expected Pep to have delivered another Aguero, Kompany or Silva in 5 years with what he’s spent. Yes he’s bought some great players but personally other than Ederson (and maybe Walker) none legendary in my eyes of yet.
You don't get the Agueros/vinnies/zabbas/merlin type of players anymore, in 10 years since we signed them football and the character of football players have evolved where a player being legendary doesn't happen anymore. Sky sports try to elevate utd and Liverpool players to that level at will but in reality players don't become legends anymore.

Not a time to make panic signings, we have messed this window up big time.

Appalling waste of time and resources chasing Messi, the second summer transfer window of complete failure.

I am sorry but Tikxi should now leave, he has failed to maintain the quality and depth of this squad since he arrived at the club.

Sure the owner will pull the trigger if he agrees .

Notb been watching City long then!

Problem is, like a lot of our defeats, we didn't play that badly for much of the game but we managed to fuck up badly on a few occasions. Leicester got three soft penalties and made two brilliant finishes and so scored 5 goals from 7 shots. We defended poorly on all their goals but were harshly punished. Of course there were other problems today but we went from comfortably controlling the game to capitulating badly.

Today was the worst example of the consistent problem the team has had for some time.

The club has never under the current regime been what I would call ruthless in the transfer market; this week that needs to change.

The root cause of this was starting Mahrez. We have to change our game plan / tactics to accommodate a player with a very individual style. It worked when he played for Leicester as they played the game on the break looking for him and vardy to finish We don’t play that way, we play as a team and hunt as a pack. If Mahrez has a role for us it’s impact player coming off the bench when we need something different, not the false 9 role. I wish it didn’t but my heart sinks and confidence drains whenever I see his name in the starting line up.
100% this

as much as i have enjoyed the pep period i hope next time we get someone who can set up a defence so when you have a bad day you still stay in the game
Having Pep has been a bit like me having an affair with Amanda Holden - total ecstasy but you know it ain’t going to last and you will have to go back to the old boiler at home eventually

Vardy and Madison train for the City game
afa12c97e991620278d9194229bb3d94.gif

i'll sum up todays pityful City performance ....... some of our players were really poor, and the rest were absolutely atrocious!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.