Leicester City (H) Post Match Thread

Our attack is incredibly static. Perfect example is the one time mahrez had a break and a nice long pass to him, he didn’t hve the pace to beat his man, slowed up, and the thing went bust. We no longer use pace on the wings and it’s a huge problem.

Instead we tuck the wingers in and rely on navas-worthy crosses from mendy to 5 foot tall people. Anyone notice that mendy is almost always open to receive the ball? Maybe it’s because that’s what defenses want.

Most worrisome is that the dullness is rubbing off on the sharp tools we do possess. Kdb had sterling making a long run through the middle and didn’t release him. Safe ball to the wing instead, everyone then trots up and settles in. Leicester gets set. Empty possession ensues.

We’re losing the habit of a killer instinct. We don’t genuinely attack anymore. We used to look like sharks and predators routinely. Now we get a few 4-0 wins every couple months in relatively meaningless matches and people are sated just enough to ignore the new routine of static predictable passes across a mind-numbing umbrella arc sitting atop of the 18 yard box.

I really don’t think these players enjoy it and I don’t blame them.

no just find this place funny that a respected poster like Tolmie can basically say what I said a hour earlier and not receive abuse ..

seems status is more important then content or opinion on this message board

Everyone knows he's a rag, you're being accused of being a dipper!

Our attack is incredibly static. Perfect example is the one time mahrez had a break and a nice long pass to him, he didn’t hve the pace to beat his man, slowed up, and the thing went bust. We no longer use pace on the wings and it’s a huge problem.

Instead we tuck the wingers in and rely on navas-worthy crosses from mendy to 5 foot tall people. Anyone notice that mendy is almost always open to receive the ball? Maybe it’s because that’s what defenses want.

Most worrisome is that the dullness is rubbing off on the sharp tools we do possess. Kdb had sterling making a long run through the middle and didn’t release him. Safe ball to the wing instead, everyone then trots up and settles in. Leicester gets set. Empty possession ensues.

We’re losing the habit of a killer instinct. We don’t genuinely attack anymore. We used to look like sharks and predators routinely. Now we get a few 4-0 wins every couple months in relatively meaningless matches and people are sated just enough to ignore the new routine of static predictable passes across a mind-numbing umbrella arc sitting atop of the 18 yard box.

I really don’t think these players enjoy it and I don’t blame them.
Clearly City had a lot of selection problems going into the game. What is the point of generalising from that game. You have to wait a little to assess the team particularly when there are so many injuries.

Anyone feel like we're missing Sergio? I mean obviously we're missing his goals, but I feel like it's not the same without him being there, constantly looking hungry. Just feels like his presence makes us feel more confident and threatening, and we're missing that.

The neglect of any long term planning is fucking criminal.

Tixi has had a free lunch on the back of Mancini signings.

For the last 4 seasons we all knew what was needed,except for this Clown.

We were once at a point where we needed to replace just 1 player every transfer window.

1 player became 2 players,glaring inadequacies continuously not addressed.

Now we are at a point where we need so many fucking players for a multitude of different positions it is unreal.

How has it got to this ?

wasn't he brought in to make sure this never happened ?

We fucked about in this transfer window over Messi.Seems Tixi would have had no problem mustering £100 000 000 to give to his true love Barcelona for a man who is 34.

Yet continuously haggles over every other player.

Every other Club knows we have the cash because we went after Messi ffs.

Honeymoon is over now Tixi,no more free lunches on Mancini signings. His players are all gone.Now you have to earn your money.

The neglect of any long term planning is fucking criminal.

Tixi has had a free lunch on the back of Mancini signings.

For the last 4 seasons we all knew what was needed,except for this Clown.

We were once at a point where we needed to replace just 1 player every transfer window.

1 player became 2 players,glaring inadequacies continuously not addressed.

Now we are at a point where we need so many fucking players for a multitude of different positions it is unreal.

How has it got to this ?

wasn't he brought in to make sure this never happened ?

We fucked about in this transfer window over Messi.Seems Tixi would have had no problem mustering £100 000 000 to give to his true love Barcelona for a man who is 34.

Yet continuously haggles over every other player.

Every other Club knows we have the cash because we went after Messi ffs.

Honeymoon is over now Tixi,no more free lunches on Mancini signings. His players are all gone.Now you have to earn your money.

Who would you bring in to replace Txiki?

Who gives a fuck if he scores one screamer. He can’t do his job. Come good?? Do me a favour his issue is pace and he isn’t getting any from anywhere.
This 100 %

He is a slow one dimensional player.

Have seen enough of him to make up my mind.

We should try putting blinkers on him so he can only pass forward.

We went to shit after fernandinho went off today.

Just like went to shit last season when we moved Fernandinho from holding midfielder in to the back 4.We had to play Rodri instead of fernandinho ,the only reason being he was seen as fernandinho long term successor,yet fernandinho was 100% a better player.We would have been much closer to the Candle waivers lastseason if Pep would have admitted his mistake.I just dont think Pep sees the game like us fans,i think he goes off possesion Stats,completed passes. etc.Rodri stas probally look out of this world,except it is all safe uncreative passing

Who would you bring in to replace Txiki?
No idea.

Roberto was doing really well with our transfers.

Seem to remember him wanting Van Persie,and ending up with Jack Rodwell

I just think the state of our side right now is 100% down to him.

We are down to just 34 year old injured Aguero up front.That is criminal.We never even replaced Dzeko.

His job was supposed to be to prevent us ever needing a huge rebuild,and transitional season regardless off the manager.He should have been ahead of the game.That was his job.

Look at the state of us ?

The only saving grace yesterday was I was able to leave the ground early, went for a shit with 15 minutes to go and sat there reading one of my collection of toilet reading books .... yesterday’s choice being .... I, Partridge
Now that’s something you couldn’t do at the Etihad.
Anticipating being the most well read city fan in the Bridge come Christmas

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.