Leicester City (H) Post Match Thread

Football evolves quickly, the better sides who have good counter attacking players are becoming more resistant to Peps football. The method of strangling a team to death through possession is becoming less effective in its consistency.

Until Pep devises a new strategy against the better teams at home where we concede the ball to lure them out we are going to see the same
type of defeats over and over this season.
Agreed, and a point I have made in the past.
We have players more than capable of hitting teams on the counter be we are never deep enough to launch one.

Rogers adapted his style yesterday, Pep never does.

Time we stopped being entertainers against these twats
A goal up bring a defender back, pass the ball incessantly side to side to keeper back again ad infinitum , have cnuts like Steptoe running up his own arse and literally sit on the ball till they decide to come out
If they don't then I'll take 1 - 0 every fcuking time
Who would be killing the game , us or the perennial bus parkers
Time we wised up

Right I’m fuckin sick of it, all these same teams cause us the same problems and he never does a thing to address it
We were one up after a few minutes so we’re winning 1-0
Why charge forward again for another leaving acres of space behind v a dangerous fast counter attack side
Once we get that goal why do we not just knock it around the back AND MAKE them come out leaving room for our own strikers

It’s fuckin madness

Defensively we were abject but I have no idea what our strategy going forward was. Too often we had the front 3 + KDB just hanging on Leicester's defensive line. This effectively meant we were forced wide onto Mendy & Walker. Mendy has lost all his spark, but his key strength was first time crossing on the run - I didn't see any opportunity for that.

Subbing a DM for a forward, when playing a high line AND having the only width provided by FBs up the pitch was mind-numbing by Pep. He can't be blamed for individual shitness, but he was awful

It’s not going to matter if we buy the next Nesta and Bareasi if they play inside the oppositions half and they’re not as fast as the winger or striker were fucked
All our studying, planing, Changing players, changing systems and all the other team has to do is tear it over the top and were a shambles
Pep actually decides how the other team will play for them

Time we stopped being entertainers against these twats
A goal up bring a defender back, pass the ball incessantly side to side to keeper back again ad infinitum , have cnuts like Steptoe running up his own arse and literally sit on the ball till they decide to come out
If they don't then I'll take 1 - 0 every fcuking time
Who would be killing the game , us or the perennial bus parkers
Time we wised up

Not like there is anyone to impress in the ground either. I totally agree.Remember the run in for the title 18/19. Some lovely 1-0 wins in that lot. Burnley, Spurs, Leicester. of course we had captain Kompany then. We now have a team lacking leadership and at times lacking the level of energy required. We certainly don’t revert to a defensive formation when winning. We did the same at Wolves at 2-0 too. Madness.

Right I’m fuckin sick of it, all these same teams cause us the same problems and he never does a thing to address it
We were one up after a few minutes so we’re winning 1-0
Why charge forward again for another leaving acres of space behind v a dangerous fast counter attack side
Once we get that goal why do we not just knock it around the back AND MAKE them come out leaving room for our own strikers

It’s fuckin madness

There was one point in the game where Kev and I forget who must have passed it back and forth between them for a number of times and Leicester just sat parked. When we went 1-0 up should have done that for the rest of the half. They would have had to come out. With all the injuries should have sat on the 1-0 and been more pragmatic.

well that went badly.

big concerns for me;

one: a team contained us easily, again, with a counter punch that clearly got into good positions immediately.
two: that team then abandoned that strategy and just played normally and battered us even more.
three: Mendy
four: utterly toothless attacking

I think the lack of end product from Walker and Mendy seriously undermines our attacking threat. They both seem to cross the half way line, check the run, then pass back into midfield. If that is then a crap pass or intercepted then there are big holes for the counter attack which our defensive mids are not quick enough to cover. Leicester used the dark arts perfectly yesterday, get into the box ahead of the defender, run across him, feel contact and tumble over. It worked perfectly so no wonder Rodgers was smiling later. As others have pointed out, the back six defensive players collectively should be good enough but the problem lies with tactics and coaching. IMO of course

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.