Leicester City (H) Post Match Thread

If, as someone was surmising in another thread, the club are holding back on transfers because they think football will be called off again and why should we be paying huge wages for someone who may not play, then Mr Khaldoon and company it is time to get that idea out of your head and do a bit of recruiting.

This team is decimated by injuries, they are tired and need some help. I have always been a strong advocate of the they don't come out to play badly and will not go away from that. The team did not come out saying, I/we are going to play badly today. They came out thinking they could win the game. It didn't happen and now is the time to regroup have a get together and sort out a battle plan for the next few games.

Get Pep out of his lethargy. I know and have acknowledged that he is still mourning his Mum and can't say how that might have affected him. However it is time for the team to virtually put their arms round him and assure him that they are going to fight for HIM as they did for David Silva when he was suffering. Come on City, Come on City.

JMHO

Watching highlights again (as much as it pains me). Mendy was at fault for Vardy's second and the penalty he gave away to make it 5. And u can see both Rodri and KDB collapsing to the ground when that penalty was given.

Appalling wasn't it. Shocked at the team performance tbh, and I'm not even going to mention individual displays. So what now? Well I for one am concerned about where we're heading. Going back to last season there was a considerable falling away in performances. This was throughout the season in the league and culminated in the post lockdown no shows against Arsenal and Lyon in the cups. I fear that has been carried on to this campaign. The indifference shown by the team yesterday was shocking and alarming. I hope that was our one horror show but my instinct is suggesting otherwise. The PL will be a very tall order and we may be battling for top 4 if this is a taste of things to come.

The best thing in hindsight what could have happened was being knocked out of the CL by Real Madrid. The majority of the clubs involved in the latter stages of the European tournaments have had rocky starts. All the English clubs, PSG, Bayern etc.

It is plainly obvious we are lacking intensity and match sharpness at present, coupled with the injury situation we are going to struggle against low blocks and counter attacking more than normal

It will probably be another month before we hit our stride and we can only hope that other teams can take points of Liverpool in the meantime

I think that is why we have 2 holding midfielders and Pep made a big mistake taking off Fernandinho yesterday. With 2 in the middle it does help protect the defence.

Its going to be difficult at Leeds for sure as those that played yesterday were suffering the second half as they did at Wolves.

Watching highlights again (as much as it pains me). Mendy was at fault for Vardy's second and the penalty he gave away to make it 5. And u can see both Rodri and KDB collapsing to the ground when that penalty was given.
I don't think Mendy is good enough, but the penalty for the fifth was in the 88th minute so I'd say it was inconsequential. There is no one player to blame. There isn't even two or three players to blame. The team is a mess for me, I don't know how it has got to this stage, but there is a huge difference between 2018 and 2019 and the team of this and last season.

I don't think managers often turn it round when so many things are going wrong, and the players aren't responding.

View attachment 2978

Look at Garcia's position. If he steps out he has to close and close quick. If he takes few steps back and allow for Rodri to close, then hes cutting that pass into Vardy.

Kyle on the other hand is in the wrong position.
Who is marking their No.2 and the other Leicester player out wide right? That looks an absolute shmbles to me.

So many people over reacting. We had a an awe filled game, it happens. We conceded 2 amazing goals and 3 pens. In terms of problems Pep has tried to address that with the double pivot and to an extent that has helped. We started to struggle defensively yesterday when we took Fernandinho off and reverted to more of a 4-4-2 with De Bruyne going forward leaving Rodri and therefore our defence exposed. I’m not excusing that second half because it was embarrassing but it’s a game of fine margins, Ferna scores that header, Mahrez slots Foden in and it could have been a completely different game.

View attachment 2978

Look at Garcia's position. If he steps out he has to close and close quick. If he takes few steps back and allow for Rodri to close, then hes cutting that pass into Vardy.

Kyle on the other hand is in the wrong position.
Kyle is covering for garcia, probably last minute. All match he covered for garcia and rodri. If we get dias and a mobile cdm and he still cocks up then have a swipe at him, but when he's covering 3 positions I'm willing to give him a break.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.