Leicester City thread

In American sports they have something called a "coaching tree" which is basically a family tree for coaches where each famous coach that worked under someone is added to their tree, and it's one of the ways they evaluate how good a manager is.

It's cool, one of the things I wouldn't mind being brought over from American sports discussions. I suspect the fact that certain managers *cough* Ferguson *cough* never really had any very successful apprentices is one of the reasons it's not come up.
Cruyff, Clough, Venerbles, Bielsa, and Pep have very noteworthy trees

Good luck to him. A highly successful manager will always produce sought after assistants.

What's Domenec Torrent up to these days?

What about the great Ferguson tree of Bruce, Keane, Robson, Neville and McClaren?
All banter aside, the Ferguson non-legacy, tactically in English football, at United when he left, and with managers who played or trained for him, is truly fascinating. He's one of the great British managers and dominated English football for two decades, but you can't really point to any discernable impact the second he stepped down.

I was watching an interview with Kompany earlier and he said Pep was the best because he didn't just tell you what you needed to do but why you needed to do, which gave you the tools in-game to figure out problems and opportunities yourself. I get the feeling that's perhaps the main thing Ferguson didn't do: his way or the highway and no you don't need to know why just fucking do it. And he himself would do whatever worked which made him a force, but there wasn't much to study under him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.