Leicester City to spend millions

£180m is probably underestimating how much it costs a bit. That's only £60m a season. The other teams aiming for top 5 can spend that in their sleep, and they're adding to a squad that's already challenging, not creating one from scratch. And as we discovered, the lower down you are, the more you have to pay to convince top players to go there.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
peoffrey said:
Expecting a huge number of new players to adapt to the Leicester system and gel immediately is deeply naive. You need to be patient and build on a pragmatic basis to have any chance of surviving, consolidating and pushing forwards. Pellegrini didn't make huge changes at City yet he took us forwards.

Plus he had a fair bit more money than I expect the Leicester owners have. Anyway you should know better, football doesn't do pragmatic.
It does win or be sacked.

LOL! Very true.

Our owners could've been far worse. We've seen how badly City were run in the mid to late 90's and then there was Thaksin Shinawatra too. Sven's departure was abysmally handled. Hughes could've been sacked almost immediately or at the end of the season and then Mancini too early on. Instead they got time and support. Cardiff have a good example of a bad owner.

adrianr said:
Hold up, he thinks he can get top five with 180 million? Bit ambitious, and he seems to think that's a lot by the sounds of it too.
Well it beats the chicken farmers at Blackburn.
I hope i'm not making this up but i seem to recall they thought they were going to get top 4 with 5 million.
Stand to be corrected if i've got the figure wrong.

goalmole said:
adrianr said:
Hold up, he thinks he can get top five with 180 million? Bit ambitious, and he seems to think that's a lot by the sounds of it too.
I hope i'm not making this up but i seem to recall they thought they were going to get top 4 with 5 million.

Not correcting you because I'm not sure, but I think the figure was £20 million.
Apparently Sam Allardyce told them to times it by 10 then they might have a chance.
So they got rid as he didn't share their vision for the future.

If they spend £180m over the next 3 years (£60m per season) then they'll establish themselves as a solid mid-table club, nothing more, nothing less. They key thing they need to avoid is the PL journeymen who cash in every time a promoted team has got a bit of money.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
goalmole said:
adrianr said:

Not correcting you because I'm not sure, but I think the figure was £20 million.
Apparently Sam Allardyce told them to times it by 10 then they might have a chance.
So they got rid as he didn't share their vision for the future.
You're probably right and i'm wrong but it was laughable anyway.

I like Leicester, really glad they have come up, but if their owner thinks that a £30k a week wage cap will do any good he's got another thing coming! £150m will get them midtable of spent well, then probably another £150m the following season to even start thinking about top 7

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.