Leicester City v City post match.

I know where you're coming from Ric but these kids must be looking at the players in front of them and wondering what the hell they have to do to get a game. We lack pace throughout the back 4 and midfield especially with Fernandinho out, so lets give them a go.

Gundogan, Silva and all 4 fullbacks haven't been playing well enough to guarantee starts so i'd drop them and it's about time Pep became ruthless. Maffeo was superb at the swamp and whilst i could understand the reluctance to then play him at WBA a home game v Watford should be easier for him.
I'd rather see them make mistakes but learn than see the older players make them with fuck all to gain from it.

You're last sentence said it all for me, I felt that way under Pellers last season too.

More likely the level they played at was no different to Saturday. We were really bad.

I didn't see the game but reading the BBC feed it looks like they had chances - unsurprisingly as they're not playing us they didn't take them - just like every other player who hasn't scored in forever until they come up against us

No fucking surprises.

I still can't believe we played directly into their hands, it was nailed on that Vardy would break his duck as well.

I didn't see all the game as I was travelling back home from Liverpool airport following a jolly in Munich and Salzburg last week but I caught some of it on a stream and have seen all the goals. I'm not making excuses and while I thought we were absolutely dogshit defensively, and have been decidedly dodgy in other games, I don't necessarily subscribe to the view that "we played directly into their hands" and that it was as much, if not more, to do with us simply not turning up in that first 20 minutes and I don't just include the defence in that - a lot of our problems when conceding have been starting further up the field too where we should be defending from the front and not allowing teams to play through us or over us so easily, something which we were doing to great effect in the early weeks of the season.

I guess what I'm saying is that it was a perfect storm for Leicester - they caught us cold in that first 20 minutes and we only got our shit together when it was too late.

Words fail me of how appalling that 'performance' was. What is Kolarov still doing in our team? He's not totally to blame, but pretty much all keystone cop style defending is done by him. These guys need to get their shit together as we are staring at 5th or 6th place rapidly. Just not good enough, for the talent we have at our club, turning out like that is an embarrassment to the badge. I really can't see how it's going to improve anytime soon.
We will just have to wait and see. IMO we will finish 5th. We aren't good enough or consistent to warrant top 4 place.
I think Stones was worse than Kolarov.

i think the pitch beat us first and everything stemmed from there.
we started off rolling the ball about and it was sticking, instead of adapting, we persevered, selling players short, interceptions were easy. leicester capitalised brilliantly and dealt with it without breaking sweat. 2-0 down and its game over after 5 minutes.
sometimes,you have to play the conditions and we didn't and got a good hiding.

I didn't see the game but reading the BBC feed it looks like they had chances - unsurprisingly as they're not playing us they didn't take them - just like every other player who hasn't scored in forever until they come up against us

There is a point where you have to think it is more than a coincidence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.