Leicester (N) - Community Shield | Post-Match Thread

Their cup final, our pre-season game.

Nice to win it, we were the better team, but not that arsed really.

Shame for Ake as he had been pretty faultless, but tired legs did for him there.

With the way he kept slipping in Bernardo, Grealish is going to love playing with Foden on the left.

Very good game for a Community Shield I thought, Genuinely wasn't expecting much with the players we have missing
Leicester at full strenght too. We were actually better in the second half than we were the first, We had a few half chances but players snatching at it.
The penalty was piss poor, Ake holding onto the ball far too long like he had been doing most of the game really and that time he got pounced on.
Nice to have more players back next week for the Tottenham game.

Those are a fair few of the players who’ve actually had a pre-season and they looked very unfit, so fuck knows what the other players who haven’t had a pre-season will be like in the first few weeks of the season.

Thought Cancelo and Mahrez were bloody awful, the two young lads who started were scruffy in their play but harsh to criticise them as they did actually play better than the first two I mentioned.

Stefan Dias and Gundo all played well.

But fuck me we looked unfit!

On balance, Leicester just about deserved that. It’s a pity to lose to an 88th minute penalty though.

Looking at the Leicester player’s celebrations I’m pretty sure they’ve just won the league again. Bit over the top for winning a friendly game.

Played OK with no injuries.
However Mendy and Fernandinho very slow and cause us a lot of problems at times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.