Leicester post match thread

Have either of you tried looking at the fucking table that says we are only three points off the top? Since that's the summation of actual mathematical results rather than the jaundiced shared observation of a couple of guys on a comment board, I think I'll trust what the table says, thanks.
With the number of points already dropped, City should consider themselves Lucky they are still in the running for the title. Wouldn't have been true last year with Chelsea's run. Every other team dropping points as well is the only reason why City is still in it. The away form has just been appalling this season, you can't argue with that, and unworthy of a title candidate.
Arsenal are on a good run now and seem like the team to beat for the title. Only way I can see City still nick it is if Sergio remains injury free until the end of the season and picks up form very urgently! Was not even a shadow of himself yesterday, bloody shame.

With the number of points already dropped, City should consider themselves Lucky they are still in the running for the title. Wouldn't have been true last year with Chelsea's run. Every other team dropping points as well is the only reason why City is still in it. The away form has just been appalling this season, you can't argue with that, and unworthy of a title candidate.
Arsenal are on a good run now and seem like the team to beat for the title. Only way I can see City still nick it is if Sergio remains injury free until the end of the season and picks up form very urgently! Was not even a shadow of himself yesterday, bloody shame.

And yet Arsenal only one game ago got d*cked 4-0 by Southampton. The reality is that the league is tougher than any previous season I can remember. If you are 3 points off the top then you are a worthy title contender. Making comparisons with previous seasons is pointless and really proves nothing. The top 4 cartel has been broken and unfashionable teams now have the financial muscle to sign top players and that is levelling the playing field which is good for the premier league. Expect more topsy-turvy results as the season progresses but we are well in with a shout for the league title make no mistake.

Last edited:
arsenal are doing that way they are running away with it, oh hang on ,another post full of shite get a fucking grip.

coulda shoulda pretty much sums up last nights game

they played to not lose and got what they wanted

impressed with sterling first half, unlucky not to score, and maybe just maybe make kelichi first change sub next game, give him a chance

and a side note for those of a punk music leaning, the pitch was cut like it full of dead kennedy's logo's

Whilst I was disappointed with the result, I was happy enough with the performance. I thought Oto and Mangala had their best game as a partnership. Fern and Yaya put in a good shift and the team as a whole defended much better. Stirling was really good and he is clearly being coached to use his left foot and that was pleasing to see. Dave was off the pace a bit and Sergio had his predictable first game back but overall it was ok and I thought we made Leicester look ordinary. We are in a good position to kick on, we have been very ordinary and ravaged by injury and I think a 20% improvement in second half will take us to the title. We are more than capable of doing that if we get two of Sergio, Komps and Dave fully firing. It's puzzling to me to see so many negatives about last night when you contrast it to the performances against Stoke and Liverpool.

City fans seem to have learnt nothing from history. I thought the title wins in 2012 and 2014 would have taught City fans that no prizes are given out in December and there are still plenty of points to play for.

Considering the challenges we've had with injuries arguably missing our three best players in Silva, Kompany and Aguero for large chunks of the season I can only see that benefitting us in the second half. If we are chasing Arsenal the perennial bottlers then things are looking good. Large parts of our team have been there seen it done it when the games get bigger and higher pressure towards the end of the season that experience could be the difference.

Plus, our fans have been there in recent years and know how-to handle the pressure of a title run in and never to give in......oh hang on....

I was very disappointed that our dominance failed to produce the win. We forced more saves and two or three of Leicester's better chances came from our fuck-ups rather than them creating from scratch.
They wanted a draw and even made a substitution in stoppage time to waste time. Or to put it another way; even their manager knew we were more likely to win.
So while I'm happy to leave a ground having seen a clean sheet for once (and Mangala having a rare good game), I still think we under-achieved.
As for the title; I know we're still in it but so many indifferent performances cause the doubts many are expressing on here. If we win the title with a record low number of points I'll be delighted as it just means we won in a tighter season. But that's if we win it.
As for having another couple of gears, well unless we're an automatic we need someone to depress the clutch and shift the lever and there's bugger all sign of that happening.
And to all those who claim we'll be OK when Sergio and Silva are back to speed and Vince returns, please explain how we're going to keep them all fit when we've shown a complete inability to do that over the past couple of years.
We need to start picking up wins away from home. Let's hope trip to Watford is more productive.
As for Leicester: drums and clappers - WTF? At least it took them almost half an hour for the first WWYWYWS. They play well without the ball but are fairly useless with it.

Last edited:
I can't understand some of the negativity on here. We went to Leicester and totally dominated. Sterling looked like he is going to be a top signing and Mangala was excellent at the back with Otamendi. Mangala never gave Vardy a kick all night. The only disappointment was our attacking play, but Aguero and Silva were well off the pace due to lack of fitness and that is only a temporary thing. Unfortunately with Aguero, always takes 3-4 games for him to get back to his best. Last night was one of those performances from him that we have to put up with til he gets there. Hopefully Saturday. I do think the draw last night makes Watford away a must win though.

Wait, are people genuinely happy with our performances so far this season because we're still in for a shout of winning the league?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.