Leicester post match thread

Didn't see the match as I refuse to subscribe to BT and from all accounts their pundits are less than useless.

What I do know because I have witnessed it with my own eyes, this team is playing far below its potential and that will be a concern to our owners.

A good manager can shape a team of misfits into a cohesive unit, our manager has patently failed to get the best from a squad of excellent footballers.

He is a lovely man and that might be part of the problem, there is a lack of devilment in our team and too easily they get distracted and fail to concentrate for the full 90 minutes.

I know that the Club look at the fixtures before the start of the season and set targets, I suspect these have not been met.

Every team gets injuries, that is the luck of the draw, no point in bringing that up as an excuse.

As others have said the game at Villa was a warning, the performance that day was abject and our away form has been dreadful since.

At home we have also struggled and the clean sheet last night was long overdue.

Unless a miracle happens we will do well to finish in the top four - Champions I doubt it very much.
What a fucking misery.......you must have had a season ticket in the Main Stand at Maine Road.

Against Arsenal the other week, City out played them statistically, across the board, except for the vital score line. We've done this in most games for the last 2 years, but, we struggle to score the goals we should, based in the main on our possession and attempts on goal during each game. 21 attempts last night, 5 on target, it was 11 at half time and 4 on target, so we were no better in the second half in taking our chances or breaking the back of the net. Incredibly, we had 13 corners, 13 free and uninhibited opportunities to cross the ball and attack it, and we failed that miserably too.
This style of play and 'domination' in games has been typical of our play for 24 months, without putting our opponents to the sword as we should be doing. Leicester attacked with pace, straight down our throats and looked capable of scoring each time. City on the other hand were patient in the build up, passing to one another 5 million sodding times, side to side, front to back, only to put a dismal cross into the box for our 'strikers' to fluff their lines, or for the ball to get no where near any of our players, affording them an opportunity to score. We are too static in and around the box, other than when we occasionally break free into it, as last night when our 3 best chances were created . We don't attack often enough with any pace, which allows the parking of several buses in front of us, and subsequently we can't break the wall down . We have a quality squad that doesn't seem to put into practice often enough, the simple task of passing and moving at pace. when we do, we create great chances. 4 times last night we achieved that..........................!

Against Arsenal the other week, City out played them statistically, across the board, except for the vital score line. We've done this in most games for the last 2 years, but, we struggle to score the goals we should, based in the main on our possession and attempts on goal during each game. 21 attempts last night, 5 on target, it was 11 at half time and 4 on target, so we were no better in the second half in taking our chances or breaking the back of the net. Incredibly, we had 13 corners, 13 free and uninhibited opportunities to cross the ball and attack it, and we failed that miserably too.
This style of play and 'domination' in games has been typical of our play for 24 months, without putting our opponents to the sword as we should be doing. Leicester attacked with pace, straight down our throats and looked capable of scoring each time. City on the other hand were patient in the build up, passing to one another 5 million sodding times, side to side, front to back, only to put a dismal cross into the box for our 'strikers' to fluff their lines, or for the ball to get no where near any of our players, affording them an opportunity to score. We are too static in and around the box, other than when we occasionally break free into it, as last night when our 3 best chances were created . We don't attack often enough with any pace, which allows the parking of several buses in front of us, and subsequently we can't break the wall down . We have a quality squad that doesn't seem to put into practice often enough, the simple task of passing and moving at pace. when we do, we create great chances. 4 times last night we achieved that..........................!

Sums it up perfectly for me mate.

Pre kick off I would probably would have taken the draw but at the end it felt like 2 points lost rather than 1 gained. To be honest I expected more from Leicester. I was surprised at how limited they are, yes they play to their strengths ie Vardy's pace but any attacking threat they had was largely the long ball over the top which I thought we dealt with quite easily. The whole thing felt more like a trip to Stoke than a top of the table clash against the second placed team. One way or another we need to rediscover our goal scoring touch away from home because we were clearly the better side but, once again, failed to score.

So Ranieri thinks Bournemouth at home will be more difficult than playing us because 'they press a lot, and move the ball very well'. Nailed it.

So Ranieri thinks Bournemouth at home will be more difficult than playing us because 'they press a lot, and move the ball very well'. Nailed it.

Ha. This is like last season when Fat Sam suddenly was being hailed as a tactical genius on Bluemoon because West Ham got a result against us.

Some negativity on this thread because it was "only Leicester" and no doubt some will say our team cost £300m and their cost ten bob (50p to the youngsters) , so we should win , but the fact is leicester are a very good , organised team who work their socks off and have volatile support behind them , i do not think many sides will go to Filbert Street , sorry Walkers , sorry King Power ,or whatever stadium and get a result. After our dire recent away peformances , it was a huge improvement defensively we just need Merlin an Kun to get to full match fitness , and KDB to step up his game in the away games and then i will judge the likelihood of winning another title. If we go and beat Watford , (another organised and energetic team that cost nowt) , then the Tarquins will have to reverse their open top bus into the garage for the time being , and if we can get Vinny back for the run in/February , and avoid additional injuries , i firmly believe we are on the verge of a historic season.

Hoofing the ball 40 yards up field and having a rabbit run off after it does not make Ranieri a tactical genius im afraid.

We completely dominated them last night footballing wise and whilst i have respect for the job he is doing at Leicester, im not about to start taking any lessons off him as to how we as a club should be doing things.

Ha. This is like last season when Fat Sam suddenly was being hailed as a tactical genius on Bluemoon because West Ham got a result against us.

He is actually a very good manger and what he has achieved this season with them is incredible, after nearly getting relegated last season. I probably wouldn't go down the rout of proclaiming tactical geniuses :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.