Leicester post match thread

I think wombat exagerated a little to make his point, but I agree that Otamendi should've been penalized for the dive (yellow) and that Sergio's wasn't a penalty, but not a yellow card though. Defender hits the ball before he lightly touches Agüero, who goes down way to eagerly there.
The defender cut across Sergio with his right leg takin out sergios left knee as he was running it was a penalty . If that's outside the box a free kick would have bn given .

Went to Leicester for the very first time .
Got to say I was impressed with Manchester City last night .
The team we had before the match filled me with dread .
But everyone put a shift in and we were decent .
We played better than last away game I went to Villa .

Went to Leicester for the very first time .
Got to say I was impressed with Manchester City last night .
The team we had before the match filled me with dread .
But everyone put a shift in and we were decent .
We played better than last away game I went to Villa .
So a team with Aguero, KDB, Silva, Sterling and Yaya filled you with dread?

What were you like in the bad old days ?

The defender cut across Sergio with his right leg takin out sergios left knee as he was running it was a penalty . If that's outside the box a free kick would have bn given .

Thanks for saying that, pml79. I agree with every other point Wombat's making, but look, there's just nothing hard to understand about that penalty. The incident occurred right over on our side of the box (i.e. City away support), I was right in line with it, so was the linesman. The defender gets his thigh well across Aguero's, fails to make contact with the ball, and simply blocks him. As so often happens, the defender was surprised by the ferocious speed with which Sergio can turn through 180°. Nothing to be ashamed of, that's what he does. Sergio can do nothing except go down. Granted, Kun made a meal of it, which he shouldn't have, probably, but as posters on Redcafé and RAWK (ffs, on those forums, where they hate us!) pointed out, it changes nothing about the nature of the infringement.
And this is circumstantial evidence, as they say, but does anybody seriously see Sergio as a diver? Did he go down softly on 13 May, 2012, at 93.20? And when did you last see Sergio as wound up about a decision as that one?
Look, I'm not one for dwelling on penalties, some go for you, some against. That was most firmly in the latter category. Full credit to Leicester, hope you get top four, not beyond the realms of possibility.

Last edited:
The reports on this match were written long before the game was played and the ground was prepared by reports contrasting the "value" of the two teams (as opposed to the eleven teenage academy graduates fielded by United or the free transfer elevens Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs had put out). The reporters settled back to be shocked at City's lack of character and Leicester's brilliance as the home side sliced through our lazy and invitingly open midfield before feeding the ball on to Vardy and Mahrez to run amok among Laurel and Hardy, who were City's two CBs for the night. Vardy would take advantage of a ragged Mangala's numerous mistakes to fire Leicester to an "unexpected" victory.

It never happened and it never looked like happening. Mangala and Otamendi had excellent games. Vardy made a mess of the only late christmas gift offered by Ferna of all people, and Toure and Silva lay deeper than we would like, so that Leicester had to hit the ball longer than they would like to Vardy, who found that our two CBs are endowed with pace enough to cope quite easily. Leicester had about 40% possession which is their norm, but were unable to use it anywhere near as effectively as in other games. Vardy and Mahrez were unable to get into the game.

Pellegrini had clearly devoted considerable attention to Leicester and City were never going to allow the press's hopes to be realised. The cost for us was that Ya Ya was never really an attacking threat and neither did we see any of the interchanges between David and KdB in and around the box that were such a delight on Saturday. Some of City's approach play was excellent but penetration was left to Raheem, who showed yet again that he may well develop into a "great". It is not Silva who is struggling for fitness but Sergio who, quite understandably, lacks match sharpness. The chance in the first minute of the second half would have been meat and drink to him normally, but whatever is said he was clattered for a clear penalty. I think we can all hear Webb's analysis had it been Mangala on Vardy at the other end! While on the subject of refereeing, the simulation by Otamendi was ridiculous but talk of red cards is equally so. I feel no sympathy for Huthe - like many blues I remember very well his unprovoked and full bloode elbow in Balotelli's throat (50 yards from the play) in the cup final and the haymaker that flattened Silva (again well away from the play to avoid nosey officials) at the Britannia in 2012. Otamendi was ridiculous: Huth is brutal and deeply unpleasant.

The tell tale sign on the tele that Leicester were unlikely to win was the way in which commentary ceased to view them as top of the league and presented them as "the team that was bottom of the league this time last year". City were much the better team, Leicester have been a revelation so far this season, Ranieri is doing an excellent job (and is a very attractive character) but it was deeply frustrating for us only to take one point from that match.

So a team with Aguero, KDB, Silva, Sterling and Yaya filled you with dread?

What were you like in the bad old days ?
Well i didn't have a pint last night .
So i wasn't in the best of moods .
Always find a pint of cider calms me down .

Leicester fan in peace here.

Just my tuppence worth after reading a few comments about us on here-

We had to change our style of play last night to try and nullify your threats. Vardy was isolated and it was indeed 'hoofball' for most of the time with him feeding off scraps really. We dropped the second striker to crowd out the midfield which work in our favour well really.

It was a scrappy game that was ugly on the eye, but it was also the first time I've seen us play like that all season so don't judge us on last night. We could have set up and played as we normally do and did against Arsenal. Look what happened to us then. The same would've happened last night. Horses for courses and all that.

Thought the tackle on Mahrez at the end of the first half was pretty bad as was Albrightons on your lads towards the end of the game. I think the ref was consistently poor for both sides and was surprised Huth wasn't sent off given his reputation sometimes and the fact that your lad went down like he'd been snipered.

More than happy with a point and 99% of our fans would've been too before the game.

1 more point required lol

That was one of those games where, although we should of won, we couldn't afford to lose. A bit like against Utd. So, away from home against a really hard working and well up for it Leicester team I'll take a point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.