Leicester pre-match thread (29/12/2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When will we get a ref who is not cleary biased against us?

We need to make more noise about this as its getting ridiculous

Not sure how best to go about Leicester tbh. Arsenal basically said we'll score more than you and it worked. Chelsea didn't do too well concentrating quite a bit on stopping Leicester. But then again we have Wilfried 'miss 4 sitters for every 1 taken' Bony upfront

I'd probably go with the same team but Navas in for De Bruyne.

Might sound stupid after his performance today but he is still adapting to the PL and it shows in many of his away performances. I can see this game being end to end so the pace and workrate of Navas might be a a better option atm. Give Silva pace on both flanks.

Hopefully give Aguero a run out

They've just played a battling game away at one of the harder working teams in the league while we've pretty much played a training game so I think we should keep possession as much as possible for the first half and left them chase us. They will tire much quicker than us, then we can go for the throat. I expect we may score 2 last 15 mins.

They've just played a battling game away at one of the harder working teams in the league while we've pretty much played a training game so I think we should keep possession as much as possible for the first half and left them chase us. They will tire much quicker than us, then we can go for the throat. I expect we may score 2 last 15 mins.

You're probably right about their game taking more out of them. But I think its essential that we get on top early on, don't let them in the game. If they get a period of pressure adrenaline will compensate for tiredness and I don't really see our defence keeping them out. Yes, keep possession. But score early

Hart
Sagna Otamendi Mangala Kolarov
Fernandinho Yaya Toure Delph
De Bruyne Sterling Silva

Don't want to see Delph playing like a winger but as a proper left sided central midfielder. If we don't concede in the manner we did against Arsenal i.e. after a good spell of control, we'd win

Last edited:
We need to beat Leicester. Arsenal always bounce back with a win after a loss and I expect them to beat Bournemouth at home so if we don't win this, they will be 3 or 4 points ahead of us going into the new year.

We need to match their work rate and our superior skill will win through, the defence cannot afford to get caught to far forward. Simples!

Leicester's bubble will have burst now. We'll murder them, 0 - 4 by half time and Arsenal draw will see us top on New Year's Day.

I was expecting quite a bit of rotation, but with Kompany now unavailable, Zabaleta not on the bench today and doubts over Aguero it wouldn't surprise me if we played virtually the starting XI as today. Clichy might come in but not anticipating many other changes.
Doubts on Kun?

What's happened now? My prediction of him injuring himself showering didn't come true did it?

Doubts on Kun?

What's happened now? My prediction of him injuring himself showering didn't come true did it?
Pellegrini: "Kun was on the bench in case we needed him in the second half. In three days, we have a difficult game at Leicester and then 10 games in January.

"He had a small problem so it was better for him not to take any risks. We were winning 3-0 in the first half so it was better for him to rest. He will be 100% on Tuesday."

Maybe that heel problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.