Leicester pre-match thread (29/12/2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pellegrini: "Kun was on the bench in case we needed him in the second half. In three days, we have a difficult game at Leicester and then 10 games in January.

"He had a small problem so it was better for him not to take any risks. We were winning 3-0 in the first half so it was better for him to rest. He will be 100% on Tuesday."

Maybe that heel problem.
Thanks

4-2 to us, fully expect us to go toe to toe with them.

Same team as yesterday, maybe Aguero for Bony and we'll smash them.
Normally I'm for a more cautious approach away from home, but I've finally given up on this manager delivering it, so I tend to agree, just accept the fact that we'll be exposed defensively and try to score more goals than them.

After yesterday, there is no way that Silva and KDB can be left out. They are building that understanding again, and they will do damage to any team — home or away — if that holds good. That means pretty much the same as yesterday's team, with both Sterling and Bony on the bench, and Sergio in, if he's good to go. A front line of Kun, Merlin, KDB, is succulent. And how many times have we had the privilege os seeing that (and all of them fully fit, and fully up to speed), this season?
Three in midfield, of course. Anything else would be just suicide, against Leicester. Delph, Ferny, Yaya.
The back line that we have to choose, because we've got no alternative. No Demichelis. Even yesterday, for the brief period that he was on, and against one of the league's weakest teams, he looked suspect. And I say that as someone who rated him last season. He's gone downhill badly. Perhaps, just perhaps, Clichy in for Kolarov.
That's it. Even more than Arsenal, this is a very important game. A point would be fine. But we don't do draws. Or clean sheets. So… fuck it, let's just win it, eh?

Pawson reffing

BT Sport live.

Got a dodgy loss written all over it

:(

Obviously have to have tremendous respect for them for what they've achieved thus far. Then again, we need to go at them like Arsenal did and not sit back and try and pick them off. Can see this being a high scoring game but its a vital 3 points that we need.

I'd like to see us play this smart. Their fans are getting a bit giddy and will be demanding a response after their defeat today, They'll have some big pressure on them. With that in mind, i'd love us to play like an away team, sit deeper, give them the ball so they come out and play and then counter them hard with pace. Effectively do a Leicester on Leicester. Then we can Bring on Silva and Kun and control the game once we're ahead.

Setting up something like this.

-------------------Hart

Sagna--Otamendi--Mangala--Clichy

---------Delph--Yaya--Dinho

Navas------------------------------KDB

---------------Sterling

Don't for one second think that's what we'll do though.

More than likely line up with the same team as today with Clichy in for Kolarov, and Aguero in for Bony.

True mate, Barcelona are a good side they'll be all over us from kick off

1-2 city

cant see who to drop spanish dave and kdb are getting a great understanding together and sterling was dropped for arsenal? unless we dont play with bony but again he scored so MP will play him. Midfield 2 with yaya coming up.

t

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.