Leicester v City post match

We needed a replacement for Fern in the summer and nothing has changed. I thought Mendy and Delph would be enough at LB but Mendy's injuries and erratic defending allied with a fall off in Delph's form in that role mean that getting another fit for purpose LB in should be a priority. Unfortunately, I think City will sit on their hands again. I'm a huge admirer of what the club has achieved and how, in may ways it is run, but we are just not ruthless enough (on the pitch and in the transfer market).
Yes I agree with the on the pitch comment we badly lack a ruthless streak and have no real leadership with Vinny now out to grass. But we can regroup the problem is we have hit piss poor form at the worst possible time with so many points up for grabs during this period.

I would rather see city have a slump right now than at the later stage of the season, all we need is a convincing win to change it all around.
We have to address our complacency issues which have popped up in the past as well.

Some other telling stats.
We have had 151 corners all season and scored 3. Apparently Pep had them in Christmas Eve to address this.
We had 13 v Palace and 6 v Leicester, that's 19 In 2 games yet still lost both games.

We have had 151 corners all season and scored 3. Apparently Pep had them in Christmas Eve to address this.
We had 13 v Palace and 6 v Leicester, that's 19 In 2 games yet still lost both games.

But in the main we are relying on the likes of Laporte, Stones or Otters to convert corners. The cross has to be pinpoint and the marking poor. Our strikers, apart from Sergio, are not renowned scorers from headers, more for being vertically challenged. Anyone seen Dzeko lately?

Thanks for all the feedback, lads. Some agree with me, some don’t. That’s the way a forum rolls, and it’s all to the good. @chesterbells after a defeat, analysis is the only therapy that works for me. I’m a rank amateur at that game, but I know one thing for sure in the middle of this mini-shambles that we’re in: the manager that we have is the best in the world, bar none, where analysis is concerned. You can be sure that he will have been analysing like crazy since Boxing Day. He is the best man to put this right.
@Father Paul on the Chelsea match, we’ll agree to disagree. That’s not the match I saw, and FWIW, I was at Stamford Bridge for that one. They dominated us for about ten minutes at the start of the second half. That was it. A very good breakaway goal, it has to be recognised, and an excellent corner from Hazard, who was superb that day. Anyway, it’s gone, long gone.
In many ways, we’re playing the same football that we were playing in August. But at about 2/3 of the pace, at best. This, as everyone can see, allows defences to set up at their leisure. Especially against our two wingers.
I do believe this, though, with thorough conviction. KDB plays one of his world-class games (as against Spurs and several others last season) and it will reboot the entire team.

But in the main we are relying on the likes of Laporte, Stones or Otters to convert corners. The cross has to be pinpoint and the marking poor. Our strikers, apart from Sergio, are not renowned scorers from headers, more for being vertically challenged. Anyone seen Dzeko lately?

Totally agree but begs the question if no height then why the high corner?

Totally agree but begs the question if no height then why the high corner?
You have to beat the 'first' man.
The taller he is, the higher the ball needs to be.
The only alternative is a short corner and play through the defence or try a shot from distance.

City can and will win the title this season, yes we have had a disasterous month but we can come back from it, we’ve won the league twice before from seemingly insurmountable odds with a few games left, not 19, half a season... People slagging Pep, slagging players and the Club in general can fuck right off, mard arsed twats one and all... The City fans I roll with get behind the club when the chips are down ... We are still in with a shout in all competitions, beggars belief how some claim to be fans but spew such bile when we are not winning 5-0 every week ...

Coz they're all out-swingers.

View from a scientist who studies ball flight: the best corners are the ones that inswing rather than outswing and quickly-taken corners have potential to cause trouble

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.