Leighton Baines

Manc in London said:
The fact that Capello appears to rate Warnock and Bridge as better LBs says a lot
I think it says more about capello than baines myself.

He's been our best player this year alongside Cahill - tightened up his defending (although still not great) and is a massive threat going forward - he must be right up there with the number of assists - comparable to anybody i'd reckon.

I think he's miles better than Bridge but was really impressed with Kolorov against fulham so couldn't see why you'd be after him

tightened up his defending (although still not great) and is a massive threat going forward

You could say that about most left and right backs.

bennyboy said:
tightened up his defending (although still not great) and is a massive threat going forward

You could say that about most left and right backs.

Could you? Baines is 5th in the premiership for assists with 6 - the next full back Ashley Cole in 30th with 3. Suggests going forward theres not many to compare to him this season

I'd take him if he was available as he's been playing very well for a while now but it's not worth the trouble of trying to deal with Moyes again.

Manc in London said:
The fact that Capello appears to rate Warnock and Bridge as better LBs says a lot

Baines was asked to go to the World Cup and said he would be homesick so said no. He's having a decent season but did nothing for a couple of seasons after Everton signed him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.