Leipzig Away - no fans in the stadium / Covid

Is Berlin locking down or just Leipzig?

In 2 minds what to do now
Berlin is still fine with relatively low rates. Be interesting to know how many blues are still going to go over.

Most hotels will be refundable however flights/trains not.

Where would people stand in terms of refunds from airline companies and hotels if Germany are still accepting visitors but certain regions, ie: Saxony, are locked down with everything from football grounds to bars and restaurants and Xmas markets closed? If the whole country is locked down with no flights allowed in, I've found it easy enough to get refunds from the airlines and hotels but I'd imagine it might be a bit more tricky if a scenario such as the one I've outlined becomes a reality.

Luckily, my current lay out for Leipzig is nowhere near as balls deep as yours. As I'm already due over in Germany with the other half for 6 nights which has been booked since long before the CL draw took place, the Leipzig game has just dropped handily for me and would only involve a return train journey from Hannover (not yet booked), 1 night's refundable accommodation at the Premier Inn (48 Euros), and the match ticket (£23) which I presume would also be refunded.

Will depend entirely on how it's been booked and with which operators.
Low cost carriers like Ryanair/Wizz etc will simply operate the flights if they can, and if the flights go ahead your chance of a refund is basically 0%.
Some airlines will offer an amendment or voucher.
If the flights are cancelled, for whatever reason, then a refund has to be offered by the airline.

Hotels situation is pretty similar; if someone has booked a non-refundable rate (which would be madness in this climate) then if they are open for business there are no real grounds for a refund. Some hotels may allow a date change at their discretion.
If the region/country is closed down, and the hotel also had to close, then a refund should be offered in those circumstances.

Would imagine extras like trains will be largely non-refundable.

Insurance might pay out, dependent on policies. If the potential loss of sums are small (IE just the flights for a modest outlay) then it might not be worth the hassle.

Hope everyone who was planning or still planning to go either have a great time despite the circumstances or aren't out of pocket too much.

Will depend entirely on how it's been booked and with which operators.
Low cost carriers like Ryanair/Wizz etc will simply operate the flights if they can, and if the flights go ahead your chance of a refund is basically 0%.
Some airlines will offer an amendment or voucher.
If the flights are cancelled, for whatever reason, then a refund has to be offered by the airline.

Hotels situation is pretty similar; if someone has booked a non-refundable rate (which would be madness in this climate) then if they are open for business there are no real grounds for a refund. Some hotels may allow a date change at their discretion.
If the region/country is closed down, and the hotel also had to close, then a refund should be offered in those circumstances.

Would imagine extras like trains will be largely non-refundable.

Insurance might pay out, dependent on policies. If the potential loss of sums are small (IE just the flights for a modest outlay) then it might not be worth the hassle.

Hope everyone who was planning or still planning to go either have a great time despite the circumstances or aren't out of pocket too much.
We booked to go to Berlin for lepzig in September with Ryanair and are allowed a free change of flight till Dec 31

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.