Leipzig Away - no fans in the stadium / Covid

I lived in Leipzig for 10 years and have been dreaming of us playing there since they first qualified for the CL. As soon as the draw was made, I was guaranteed a ticket in the home end, free accommodation and a chance to get smashed with my old mates again. I’ve even booked the trains. Was gutted when they announced our lockdown here, as it meant I couldn’t go. Selfish, I know, but the new rules in Saxony have made me feel a little better about missing the game

The big question now is how long will it take City to catch on and let those who've booked tickets know, :)

I would of thought City will be waiting for guidance from UEFA before they can make any statement. Not everything is City's fault.

I would of thought City will be waiting for guidance from UEFA before they can make any statement. Not everything is City's fault.
I contacted the hotel that we had booked in Leipzig,they confirmed business travelers only and no fans in stadium,rb Leipzig twitter account confirms no fans for next 3 games

I contacted the hotel that we had booked in Leipzig,they confirmed business travelers only and no fans in stadium,rb Leipzig twitter account confirms no fans for next 3 games

I logged on to the UEFA site and they don't mention anything about the game except giving details of the match. I don't think City will say anything about the game until UEFA does.

Not saying it is City's fault. Nothing stopping them however putting out an interim email as the news hasn't been widely advertised in the news media so no doubt plenty of people will still be unaware.
They could simply advise people of the latest development and advise they are waiting to establish what this means for the game itself.
It may help a few people who can sometimes cancel hotels etc free of charge upto 14 days before so not losing their money or those who may still be looking to book travel who might then hold back and save themselves money.
Don't really see what UEFA will add to it the ground is closed so will be behind closed doors, unlikely to be moved unless the situation changes dramatically in Germany so my view is fans should be made aware at the earliest opportunity but we all know fans are simply an after thought these days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.