Leonardo Bonucci

Status
Not open for further replies.

conte apparently is confident he can hijack City’s move and make his Italy connections count.

What's this video on YouTube of him saying 'i'm going to rest then get ready for more battles for the black and whites' this was posted 19hrs ago....is it an old video or does this tell us all we need to know that it's not happening?

What's this video on YouTube of him saying 'i'm going to rest then get ready for more battles for the black and whites' this was posted 19hrs ago....is it an old video or does this tell us all we need to know that it's not happening?

It has subtitles if you watch it on you tube...not showing on the embedded video for some reason.

the good thing about rest of Europe is if you trigger the release clause , the selling club's power - Madrid in this case becomes less...Kroos trigger clause is 63m pounds i had read..

for Kroos to happen , we would need the personal agreement 1st and if he will leave madrid in the 1st place

Hi mate....sorry its a little off topic...Genuine question, where did you read about Kroos's release clause of 63mil?....Didnt know he had a release clause...thanks

Not him and Stones though. We can have the best years of Stones career if we get him. Not having a go mate but did you say that also about Mangala and Ota who cost £70 mill?
We badly need full backs and to solve the Ya Ya role

I honestly hope we get them both. And if the club/Pep think Bonnuci is worth £40+ then so be it.

With regards to Ota, I was more than happy the club paid what they did for him and I think he's demonstrated enough to suggest Pep can make him a genuinely great PL centre back. I was more sceptical about the fee for Manga, but willing to give the benefit of the doubt given his age and that we were dealing with Porto. But I don't see him being technically proficient enough to work in Pep's team and my guess is he'll be sold/loaned out.

4 CBs in Vinny, Ota, Stones and Bonucci would represent the defensive talent pool in the league. It would allow for us to cope with Vinny's inevitable absences, not to mention allowing Stones to learn from arguably the best ball-playing centre back in the world.

Italians are a bit like us Brits in footballing terms, tend to prefer our own country!
However Italian defending is like no other! They are the masters of the dark arts but they also can often be excellent footballlers in their own rights, Maldini, baresi, Costacurta, Cannavaro and nesta were all amazing defenders but also very intelligent, composed footballers!

Bonucci has taken the batton on from those greats and he is the current star Italian defender and he does look truly world class in CB terms! If he comes to us I have no doubt he'll be phenomenal
It would be wonderful to get a top Italian defender and see how he fairs. After the last couple of years, I'd be happy for us to spend whatever it takes to make us genuinely very good at the back again.

If we are being played, surely Pep, Txiki and Soriano would know this? They aren't exactly amateurs and we would have surely briefed the press long time ago if we are being used.

Of course sending the right signals and then turning us down at last minute can happen like Laporte.

Normally I'd agree mate but after Laporte, I think its still possible for us to get played...I guess its sometimes difficult to know if an agent is genuine or not...after Laporte, I would hope we a little more direct and insistent during transfer talks...letting things drag on only allows for more doubt and allows current clubs room to persuade their player to stick around...

Added pressure was put on Pep, I think, by Khaldoon who said that Pep would utilise the Academy players. I can't see this opportunity arising much in the first months due to the time constraints, with Pep working on educating the first the first team who stay with us and his new recruits.

Guardiola will feel the pressure to use youth and that can only help, but it's fundamental to his beliefs in football that the manager brings players through.

He sees it as part of his the managers job, and it doesn't take any extra time to have the kids involved in training like they are now.

In fact at Bayern, Pep would sneak off to take academy training sessions just because he liked the environment of an academy more.

He also used to teach the academy kids new training drills first, and then have the academy kids show the first team how to do it.

He's never going to put the youth academy on hold because of time restraints. The only thing that will stop him bringing players through is them not being good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.