L'Equipe report that Guardiola has met with United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get back to RagCafe.

They haven't sacked the Turtle because there's a power struggle at the swamp and Woodward doesn't want to look stupid, particularly when they've still a chance of getting a top 4 place, however realistic or not that may be. I can't imagine the Glazers want someone like Mourinho, who would be a potential Ferguson ally and be demanding huge money for players all the time. And Giggs would just be Baconface's puppet so they certainly don't want that either. Barring a disaster (and going out to FC Midtjylland would probably qualify as one) they will sit tight until nearer the end of the season.

The other side of this is that whatever delusions the rag fans have, the hierarchy at the swamp clearly know Pep has no intention of joining them. Whether he's said 'No' straight up or been more diplomatic ("Thanks but I've got other offers on the table that I'd prefer at this point in time") is neither here nor there but they know he isn't going there. And he's a coach, not a manager. He's coached clubs where there's been a huge support operation behind him. They've not got a DoF or even an Academy head and the owners are looking to build the bottom line at the expense of the trophy cabinet. People are right to be cautious but there is no way I can see that he's going there and the fact they haven't sacked LVG does not mean he is.

Whether he'd go there or not is debatable but Pellegrini would actually be a great choice for them. Attacking football, won't rock the boat and his own man but who would work with the owners.
if people are right to be cautious why the ragcafe comment

if people are right to be cautious why the ragcafe comment
Because that's the delusional crap they're clinging onto there, despite all the stories in the press saying they don't want him, he's not got enough PL experience, he's not interested in them anyway, Bayern know he's coming to us, Martin Samuel saying publicly it's as good as done, etc.

It's one thing saying we need to be cautious, as it's only "done" when the ink's dry on the contract. We might already have that contract and be keeping schtum but we might not. But it's entirely another thing to construct a fantastical narrative based on the most tenuous connection imaginable.

Because that's the delusional crap they're clinging onto there, despite all the stories in the press saying they don't want him, he's not got enough PL experience, he's not interested in them anyway, Bayern know he's coming to us, Martin Samuel saying publicly it's as good as done, etc.

It's one thing saying we need to be cautious, as it's only "done" when the ink's dry on the contract. We might already have that contract and be keeping schtum but we might not. But it's entirely another thing to construct a fantastical narrative based on the most tenuous connection imaginable.
I really don't think City would be telling top stars that we are trying to buy that he is going to be out manager unless they considered it 'done'. The egg on face would force our top level of management to resign.

I really don't think City would be telling top stars that we are trying to buy that he is going to be out manager unless they considered it 'done'. The egg on face would force our top level of management to resign.

Let's not forget Demichelis letting it slip in Argentina.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.