Leroy Sané

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes all of that makes sense. What doesn't make sense is not buying Sane because Roberts will be in the squad next season. That is what Marvin is arguing. There is room for both.

Marvin's argument doesn't really have any logic behind it. We're going to have 4 wide players, Sterling, Nolito, Navas and Sané. Same thing he had at Bayern with Costa, Coman, Ribery and Robben.

And because Sterling and Sané are very versatile players, he'll constantly rotate them and everyone will play 40 games a season and stay happy.

Then when Navas' contract expires next summer, he'll be replaced by Roberts on his return from Celtic. And if all goes according to plan, Nolito will be replaced after that.

So by the end of Pep's first 3 years, we'll likely have Sterling (24), Sané (23), Roberts (22) in the squad and hopefully Brahim or Sancho (19) coming through as well.

Marvin's argument doesn't really have any logic behind it. We're going to have 4 wide players, Sterling, Nolito, Navas and Sané. Same thing he had at Bayern with Costa, Coman, Ribery and Robben.

And because Sterling and Sané are very versatile players, he'll constantly rotate them and everyone will play 40 games a season and stay happy.

Then when Navas' contract expires next summer, he'll be replaced by Roberts on his return from Celtic. And if all goes according to plan, Nolito will be replaced after that.

So by the end of Pep's first 3 years, we'll likely have Sterling (24), Sané (23), Roberts (22) in the squad and hopefully Brahim or Sancho (19) coming through as well.
Costa and Coman have come in as Ribery and Robben near the end of their careers and are eternally injured.

You could no doubt make room for Sane if you wanted, but with Roberts, Sterling and as you say Brahim all at various stages in their development, I think it would be a bit OTT. There are other areas of the squad, such as full back which need sorting and even though we are being very strongly linked with the player at the moment I'd be surprised if we try and push a deal for him with Nolito seemingly close.

Costa and Coman have come in as Ribery and Robben near the end of their careers and are eternally injured.

You could no doubt make room for Sane if you wanted, but with Roberts, Sterling and as you say Brahim all at various stages in their development, I think it would be a bit OTT. There are other areas of the squad, such as full back which need sorting and even though we are being very strongly linked with the player at the moment I'd be surprised if we try and push a deal for him with Nolito seemingly close.

You keep saying how surprised you are, but the closest to coming up with a justification is that other areas of the squad need strengthening - as if signing Sané means we can't sign a fullback in the next 2 months.

Ribery and Robben are approaching the end of their careers...like Nolito and Navas. Sterling and Sané can play centrally as well, so they are versatile, and could take up the slack seeing as we aren't looking likely to sign a 3rd striker.

It makes perfect sense to everyone except you.

What will Happen to sterling if nolito and Sane comes? Im worried about Sterling if thats the case

Sane and Sterling could be what Coman and Costa are for Ribery and Robben. You can call it probably replacing them in the future but it is the same thing to what can happen to Navas and Nolito. I do not expect Ribery or Robben to move on from Bayern next summer either but Navas should move on next summer freeing space for Roberts hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.