Leroy Sané

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you really think Nolito will still be here if and when Roberts is ready to come through? I can't imagine we are basing our spending on the assumption that Roberts is good enough.
I think Roberts will be in the 1st team squad in 12 months time replacing Navas who will go back to Sevilla. We had better start basing our spending on the basis of what we have coming through! That is part of what good management is all about, and if you don't take an all rounded approach then you might as well kiss the investment in the academy goodbye

I think Roberts will be in the 1st team squad in 12 months time replacing Navas who will go back to Sevilla.

Wouldn't that leave us with an ideal situation of Sane and Roberts on the right and Sterling and Nolito on the left?

I think Roberts will be in the 1st team squad in 12 months time replacing Navas who will go back to Sevilla. We had better start basing our spending on the basis of what we have coming through! That is part of what good management is all about, and if you don't take an all rounded approach then you might as well kiss the investment in the academy goodbye

Roberts will probably get a chance. But only if he is good enough will he replace Navas in 12 months time. Also, Nolito has nothing to do with either Sane or Roberts. He plays the opposite side. You also have to factor in that we don't have a single left-footed winger. Since Silva plays mroe centrally. So Sane is important.

Roberts will probably get a chance. But only if he is good enough will he replace Navas in 12 months time. Also, Nolito has nothing to do with either Sane or Roberts. He plays the opposite side. You also have to factor in that we don't have a single left-footed winger. Since Silva plays mroe centrally. So Sane is important.
City made a huge commitment in buying Roberts 12 months ago and I think they have expectations of him. He's played at every representative level for England, and was absolutely outstanding for Celtic at the close of the season.

It's only my opinion, and I respect yours, but I expect that we identified lack of goals from out wide as a problem over the last couple of seasons, and decided we needed to strengthen and went for two players: Nolito and Sane, and perhaps due to his Euro form, Nolito seems to be the one we've chosen. You might be right. We might go on to buy Sane as well. I think it's unlikely but can't really say anything more than I have in justification for my opinion. Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.