Leroy Sané

Status
Not open for further replies.
To summarize the comments from those who don't want Sané at City..

"We would just like to maintain status quo of all the top talent staying in Germany until Bayern are ready for them. You know competition and all of that.."

Bayern supporter but I watch a lot of Dortmund, Schalke, WOB. KDB is one of my favorite players and 04 has probably the strongest stable of young talent in Germany. Loads of fun to watch. Can't wait for the PL season though and I think City and United will be the title race of the year.
Ok,cheers,and thanks for the input.

To summarize the comments from those who don't want Sané at City..

"We would just like to maintain status quo of all the top talent staying in Germany until Bayern are ready for them. You know competition and all of that.."
If City want Sane, then I want him, but we can legitimately wonder whether we are looking to buy two wide players in the transfer market. We could well have identified two wide players we liked, with the aim of buying one before moving on to to strengthen other areas.

With regards to competing with bayern in German football. We can't buy up all the top players in german football, or any league, every window. No one does that. Even Real madrid who are the most aggressive club in the transfer mkt identify one or two players per window and go out and get them.

We may well be trying to buy Sane and Nolito but my feeling is that we are just after one wide man.

If Pep doesn't completely change his system he needs 2 natural wingers for each side of the pitch who are able to control the ball at high speed. Key position when you have to play against parking buses the whole season. He had Robben, Ribery, Coman, Costa.
We have Sterling and Navas. Well. Maybe not top top class.
Pep is sure to develop Raheem. Navas cannot de developed anymore but Pep knows what he gets.

1 more winger needed for each side. Nolito for the left. Sane for the right. Ayoze Perez as an option?

I don't know why my post was quoted, didn't really address who or what I was talking about. There seems to be a common theme from German fans.. Whether S04 or Bayern fans in this thread. We've identified more than 2 wide players and both sides need to be strengthen with the goal in mind of also pushing KDB/Silva into their best position.

We haven't come close to trying to buy all the top German talent so not sure what that's about. But with Bayern already having Kimmich in their squad, adding Sané would continue the trend of having a stronghold on the best players representing their club in the German national team.

Stumbled across this piece looking at Leroy Sane, what do you all think?

http://tbrfootball.com/is-schalkes-leroy-sane-worth-40million-to-pep-guardiolas-manchester-city/

I think that whichever Journalist can publish a piece with the line, and I quote...

"Although the left-footer often steers away from crossing, an aspect of Jesus Navas’ game that holds particular strength,"

...Isn't worth puttting any faith in what so ever.

Since when has crossing been one of Navas' strengths? A 5 yard pass to the first man more likely...

Trying to see the Sane story from a neutral position. Of course it would be riskless for Sane to develop 1 more year at Schalke under young coach Weinzierl and then move to the admittedly superb club Bayern (not mine though) with half of the German national team.

Schalke still have to reduce their debt of more than 160m€, although last year's 35m€ Draxler transfer to Wolfsburg did help - KDB money from City.
But the benefit of selling Sane now instead of 37m€ release fee next year is maybe not really convincing as theywould have to replace Sane and on the other hand have him next season to battle for a CL qualifier in the bundesliga.
Schalke again would not like to hand such a talent over to the biggest national opponent.

A move to City might be a bit early in Sane's career. Most important argument for sure would be Pep himself. And maybe Gundogan or even Kroos. Bayern seems to be the easier way. Depends on his personality and on City's effort to give the young fellow the best possible feeling of support.

We will see how big Pep's influence on this young man really is. Would fit perfectly on City's right wing.

i hope if we manage to get this deal done, its constructed the same way as the Martial and renato sanches deals. not a huge fee upfront but performance based bonuses taking it higher. something along the lines of £25m upfront and another £15-20m in bonuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.