Leroy Sané

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tend to disagree. I think there may be bedding in issues for a game or two. But by the end of September we will be firing on all cylinders. Bare in mind Pellegrini took over an equally dysfunctional squad, added a similar number of players, and was racking up cricket scores by November.

With the younger players, the key is that Pep won't be buying them (especially someone like Sane) without a very clear plan on how he intends to use him. The boys will be learning from the best coach in the world. It's the perfect storm in terms of coaching and talent so there's no reason for us to worry about going backwards.

Enjoyed the Sane pod by the way fella, decent scoop that!

I tend to disagree. I think there may be bedding in issues for a game or two. But by the end of September we will be firing on all cylinders. Bare in mind Pellegrini took over an equally dysfunctional squad, added a similar number of players, and was racking up cricket scores by November.

With the younger players, the key is that Pep won't be buying them (especially someone like Sane) without a very clear plan on how he intends to use him. The boys will be learning from the best coach in the world. It's the perfect storm in terms of coaching and talent so there's no reason for us to worry about going backwards.
Ican only hope you are right, but I think it will be later than September before we are fully firing, but we are only in disagreement over a couple of weeks or so, so no biggie for me either ways. We will be a sight to behold though when we are

No. I think Stones, Sane, potentially one other centre half, a full back, and that's it. Nothing anywhere near the 'superstar' level though.

thanks mate. a shame that though as I thought pep might have signed a big name like kroos to launch his era at city.

It took Bayern until January to be firing on all cylinders in Pep's first season and they were. Much more settled side than us, and didn't have the inconvenience of 2 international tournaments interfering with preseason.

I think you're being very optimistic to suggest it'll only take a few games.

thanks mate. a shame that though as I thought pep might have signed a big name like kroos to launch his era at city.

Pep has never been one for superstar signings. His bigger purchases have been Ibehinovic and Götze and neither worked out well.

He prefers young players and players without egos.

If we get a superstar I think it's more likely to come from Pep turning the likes of Sané or Stones into world class players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.