Leroy Sané

Status
Not open for further replies.
he is 19 years only , so at least acontract with 5 years as we will pay + 50 million euro

Maybe he only wants one for 4 years. It's 1 year difference and he will certainly be due a much more lucrative one if he keeps progressing so he will probably sign a new one in 2-3 years time anyway.

Shaping up to have the makings of a very good team in the near future. Lots of pace, lots of skill. This next year is going to be one of transition though I think. I'd still expect us to challange for all silverware on offer but realistically we won't see the benefit of Pep and some of these signings until next year. As long as what I see in between is a marked improvement on the last 18 months I'll be happy.

tend to agree with this. Might even go as far to say, we even may take one step back before taking two forward.

tend to agree with this. Might even go as far to say, we even may take one step back before taking two forward.

I'm not sure I agree with this. Not to say that we're guaranteed to win everything, but we had the best squad last year and a shite manager. This year our squad will be better and we have a much better manager. We may not win everything but I doubt we'll take a step back

I don't think we could go backwards tbh. The team we have (fitness permitting) is more than good enough to challange for the league. What it's lacked has been the right guidance and motivation the last couple of seasons. The boost of Guardiola will be enough to ensure we don't perform as poorly as last time around. It might not be enough but I'd be willing to bet we're not out of it with over 6 weeks left as has been the case in recent seasons.

am sure that wouldn't be in the owners mind? hiring pep to go backwards for a season to go forward?

I never mentioned a season.
Let me clarify what I mean. It looks like we will be introducing several new members to our squad who will have to integrate into those that are remaining. Most expect we will be playing a totally different style than we have seen before. Those factors make me think that it will take time for the team to hone its new identify, and once we do, we will be a force to be reckoned with and not just in the UK.

My reference to taking one step back is simply alluding to this bedding in phase which I thing will take several games (but it will be this season only I believe) i.e. I don't expect a blistering start like last season.

I never mentioned a season.
Let me clarify what I mean. It looks like we will be introducing several new members to our squad who will have to integrate into those that are remaining. Most expect we will be playing a totally different style than we have seen before. Those factors make me think that it will take time for the team to hone its new identify, and once we do, we will be a force to be reckoned with and not just in the UK.

My reference to taking one step back is simply alluding to this bedding in phase which I thing will take several games (but it will be this season only I believe) i.e. I don't expect a blistering start like last season.

I tend to disagree. I think there may be bedding in issues for a game or two. But by the end of September we will be firing on all cylinders. Bare in mind Pellegrini took over an equally dysfunctional squad, added a similar number of players, and was racking up cricket scores by November.

With the younger players, the key is that Pep won't be buying them (especially someone like Sane) without a very clear plan on how he intends to use him. The boys will be learning from the best coach in the world. It's the perfect storm in terms of coaching and talent so there's no reason for us to worry about going backwards.

I tend to disagree. I think there may be bedding in issues for a game or two. But by the end of September we will be firing on all cylinders. Bare in mind Pellegrini took over an equally dysfunctional squad, added a similar number of players, and was racking up cricket scores by November.

With the younger players, the key is that Pep won't be buying them (especially someone like Sane) without a very clear plan on how he intends to use him. The boys will be learning from the best coach in the world. It's the perfect storm in terms of coaching and talent so there's no reason for us to worry about going backwards.

do you see possibly one superstar signing billy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.