Leroy Sané

Status
Not open for further replies.
But we're talking about players that only have eyes for us, even rumours that Sane would've stayed for a year and then we would've agreed to trigger his £31m release clause next summer.

How can we still buckle in that situation?

Shalke are the ones who would be set to miss about on a big payday and be left with an unhappy player who'll leave for less the following summer.

Hopefully the figures are inflated since it's a Shalke brief but these are continued poor precedents we're setting that are continually coming back to haunt us, like the other blue said, Everton will be rubbing their hands now.

Just giving continual encouragement to selling clubs to string us along on the knowledge that we always cave in, no matter how much we posture.

Because a player's word isn't binding. What would have stopped Bayern deciding they fancied him at £31m and then Sane changing his mind? Pep wanted him now so we had to pay the price to get him now. Schalke would have had him for another season and he might have been the difference between CL and not, which could make up the financial difference.

I agree that we've set precedents though - we only ever seem to have one clear target for a position rather than having the flexibility to end a pursuit in favour of another target. If media rumours had also suggested that we'd been after Reus for a similar price, that might have encouraged Schalke to cash in rather than let Dortmund have the pay day. I'd imagine there's a lot of talk behind the scenes though so media talk has less weight, and you run the risk of the player you eventually sign feeling like a second choice.

Ha, that's the problem though.

Great signing mind, looking forward to seeing him play and for Pep to get his hands on him.

I hear what you've been saying about the phony bluffs and that irks me to no end also. I think this stones transfer will end up that way like Sterlings did but hey if it only happens once this window I'll take it :) step in the right direction.

Because a player's word isn't binding. What would have stopped Bayern deciding they fancied him at £31m and then Sane changing his mind? Pep wanted him now so we had to pay the price to get him now. Schalke would have had him for another season and he might have been the difference between CL and not, which could make up the financial difference.

I agree that we've set precedents though - we only ever seem to have one clear target for a position rather than having the flexibility to end a pursuit in favour of another target. If media rumours had also suggested that we'd been after Reus for a similar price, that might have encouraged Schalke to cash in rather than let Dortmund have the pay day. I'd imagine there's a lot of talk behind the scenes though so media talk has less weight, and you run the risk of the player you eventually sign feeling like a second choice.

Also we are paying 6 mil extra in order to give the lad 12 months training under the best manager in football. That's a sensible move and we'll see the benefits of that 6 mil not this year but from next year on.

An extra 6 mil to light a fire under Sterling too, who now has to perform with Sane and Nolito coming in.

Astute move making sure he's here now.

So has big Al signed on the dotted line yet?

Just before someone asks Al is short for Aladin and of course Aladin goes with Sane as per the late great Bowie.

I hope the transfer fee does not have an adverse effect on a player still very early in his development and actually very inexperienced as a footballer. Unquestionably the sterling fee has affected him.

It is difficult to understand how the club negotiates transfers. As another poster pointed out we appear yo be the only club after signing him and yet still pay a figure much higher than anticipated. Same with Sterling, Mangala etc.

Still its very exciting to welcome another highly rated footballer with bags of potential.

Would be poor form if we had to pay that much after being adamant we wouldn't for so long.

Consistently showing ourselves to be poor negotiators IMO, always buckle in the end. Most high profile one is Sterling, similar situation with Stones now.

I don't understand how we can have players fully tapped up and solely wishing to join us, yet still always end up paying, more or less, the inflated asking prices in full, even having 'final take it or leave' bids called for bluffs as well.

Frustrating.
Whats frustrating is people like you who have no idea as to how transfers,bids,offers,payment structure,bonuses to selling club,bluffs,double bluffs,media shite,agent fees and the likes go on in any protracted discussions.
This isn`t 1960/70/80s when a Chairman takes a fucking big brown envelope with him to his counterpart.
Will he be ours by tomorrow ? Certainly.Was it worth the wait? Yes.Has it harmed our Club ? Certainly not.Will this type of long protracted business be likely again? Fucking definitely.
Some people are very short on patience.

I hope the transfer fee does not have an adverse effect on a player still very early in his development and actually very inexperienced as a footballer. Unquestionably the sterling fee has affected him.

It is difficult to understand how the club negotiates transfers. As another poster pointed out we appear yo be the only club after signing him and yet still pay a figure much higher than anticipated. Same with Sterling, Mangala etc.

Still its very exciting to welcome another highly rated footballer with bags of potential.

We were the only team after him because no one else wanted to get into an auction against us. We had exclusitivity on this deal until we publicly said we didnt want him, which we did. Plus this season Real & Barca are more than covered in his position. 12 months later, who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.