Leroy Sané

Sane has had trouble starting for the German national side - and for Pep.

There's a reason for this.

I don't miss Sane - he never seems to be engaged mentally in the game - meaning that he could do far, far better if he was absolutely determined to do his best at every moment on the pitch.

I hope that Sane is able to overcome this lack of application in the future - but for now - well-rid... CIty got good value for the sale.
he was fantastic in the centurians season , young player of the year , him and raz flying down the wings and sergio in the middle was devasting , severe short memory

Did people not see Foden last night?
Never stopped running. Twisted and turned with darts of speed that would embarrass even Sane!
No need to mention "that" ball control moment.
Sane who?

In full flow he was a joy to watch. That 1st half performance at Arsenal away in the League just after we had hammered them in the Carabou final was sublime.

I miss Danny Allsopp.

No really though, I do miss Sane too. What a player he would've ended up if he saw it out here.

1 title win, it was being benched in the second title win he didn’t like.
Right but he still played a crucial role in that season. Who scored the brilliant winning goal in what ended up as the title decider against the scousers?

Really? Well there were occasions he did an excellent impersonation of a player not happy at his current club because the manager had exercised his right to leave him out because he wasn’t willing to do exactly what was required of him.
He never said a bad word about the club. He looked perfectly happy until he was benched for game after game. And what evidence do you have that "he wasn't willing to do exactly what was required of him" ?!

It was fairly obvious Pep didn't like him - why nobody knows. What i do recall is Pep being very grudging in his praise after Sane had played brilliantly in the crucial derby win at the Scum

He never said a bad word about the club. He looked perfectly happy until he was benched for game after game. And what evidence do you have that "he wasn't willing to do exactly what was required of him" ?!

It was fairly obvious Pep didn't like him - why nobody knows. What i do recall is Pep being very grudging in his praise after Sane had played brilliantly in the crucial derby win at the Scum
You only had to watch the games around said period and look at the body language of Sane, a reluctance to work back for the ball when he’d lost it, a general exasperation when he didn’t receive the right pass and thus becoming disinterested in that phase of play. Things that do not sit well with Pep, or most fans I wouldn’t imagine.

Look Sane wanted away, for whatever reason it doesn’t really matter, homesick, lack of opportunities, whichever it was and that was evident on certain occasions when he took to the pitch. If he was still professional in training and during games, he’d get selected, bit like Garcia has been recently.

Right but he still played a crucial role in that season. Who scored the brilliant winning goal in what ended up as the title decider against the scousers?
he wasn't a guaranteed starter in the second half of that season, but that's only because Bernardo and Sterling were unbelievable on the wings and we had Dinho, KDB and Silva in midfield. He still played plenty and if he'd have committed he'd be playing right now. He ran away to an easy league where he'll play every week. Good luck to him.

View attachment 4618
I personally liked sane but managers have difficulty warming up to him. Pep, Low and flick. Surely they see something we don't.
I was going to post the same article.
Personally, I don't think he was ever quite the same for City, after being kicked to bits at Cardiff in the FA Cup, and whilst still contributing plenty of assists and goals, he never quite reached the same level of consistency that the top managers prefer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.