Leroy Sané

Going off per minute stats (so, others did have greater numbers but from more minutes played), Leroy had the most goals and assists per minute in the entire squad in both the 2017-18 and 2018-19 seasons.

A big part of the best English football league team there’s ever been.

Third best in 2017/18 (PL only):

PlayerMinutesGoalsAssistsGoals/MinInv/Min
Sergio Aguero19692169473
Raheem Sterling2593181114489
Leroy Sane2423101524297

Second best in 18/19 (PL only):

PlayerMinutesGoalsAssistsGoals/MinInv/Min
Sergio Aguero248021811886
Leroy Sane1867101018793
Gabriel Jesus102273146102
Raheem Sterling27771710163103

Although Sané's CL record in 18/19 was absolutely ridiculous (4 goals and 4 assists in 395 minutes - an involvement every 49 minutes)

He’s got the ability to be better than anyone we currently have. I don’t think he’s got the belief or confidence in himself to do it though.

I proper loved watching Leroy. Thought he was our most exciting, edge of your seat, player since the takeover.

As Kyle Walker once said in a FiveLive interview “if he could just believe in himself he could be anything”, but I think he has confidence issues.
Agree. He was the one who had that electric anticipation. Him in full flight was a sight to behold.
foden now has that same allure where you just love watching them play football.

I think Phil is a better player. He has more tactical awareness, can play with both feet, mentally stronger and is more versatile. Sane in full flight down the wing was a joy to behold though. He could go past defenders on either side at full pace and not many players I have seen have been able to do that over the years.
What you are describing is his raw pace, which is unbelievable, but I believe Phil has better first touch and manipulates the ball better And is a better passer of the ball. He is going to be a truly great player in my opinion.

He’s got the ability to be better than anyone we currently have. I don’t think he’s got the belief or confidence in himself to do it though.

I proper loved watching Leroy. Thought he was our most exciting, edge of your seat, player since the takeover.

As Kyle Walker once said in a FiveLive interview “if he could just believe in himself he could be anything”, but I think he has confidence issues.
Me too. Not our greatest ever player but my favourite player for sheer excitement and enjoyment in all my city days going back to 60s.

Take him back on loan or for a nominal fee. A Sane with a point to prove and a tad more humble could be fantastic.

No chance in a million years. The whinging little prick thought he was bigger than the club and stunk the bench out when he wasn’t being played, instead of knuckling down and fighting for his place.

We don’t need players with a weak mentality like that.

Fuck him, he’s someone else’s problem now. He’s seen his arse at Bayern and reverted to his mean.

No chance in a million years. The whinging little prick thought he was bigger than the club and stunk the bench out when he wasn’t being played, instead of knuckling down and fighting for his place.

We don’t need players with a weak mentality like that.

Fuck him, he’s someone else’s problem now. He’s seen his arse at Bayern and reverted to his mean.
Without wanting to sound facetious is there any evidence of him whinging or having a weak mentality or is it anecdotal. I just don’t seem to recall any of this and from what I have heard he was a decent lad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.